TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus, they've gone all in on this haven't they. I didn't read it because yeah but does this mean SBS are going to be partnering with them again for the Champions League?

I wonder for how long they'll be providing this service free of charge for eligible Optus customers, surely it wont be for much longer.

They won't stop that.

They won't stop that.
I reckon they'll consider it, even if it's $5 a month, once a few years have passed and they've brought over customers from other carriers whose contracts have expired then I don't see why they wouldn't try and recoup some money. At that point I'd see them doing a lot of promotional "6 months free" for new customers and the like.

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/entertainment/hype/sport/optussport-champions-league.html

original.jpeg

original.jpeg
* yeh! World Cup aside, I don't understand how people can complain about Optus - you have to pay for a mobile plan anyway, if you shift it to Optus you get all this content for no additional cost to what you were spending in your life anyway.

Yes there's a minor delay and sometimes some technical glitches (again, World Cup catastrophe aside), but i'm more than happy to deal with this on the odd occasion v.s. being asked to fork out $50 a month for Foxtel/Fox Sports

**** yeh! World Cup aside, I don't understand how people can complain about Optus - you have to pay for a mobile plan anyway, if you shift it to Optus you get all this content for no additional cost to what you were spending in your life anyway.

Yes there's a minor delay and sometimes some technical glitches (again, World Cup catastrophe aside), but i'm more than happy to deal with this on the odd occasion v.s. being asked to fork out $50 a month for Foxtel/Fox Sports
The Fetch box is an awesome product too.

I'm on the $39 plan. Foxtel will undoubtedly blame Bein sports, could get interesting. I will be calling up for the standard threaten to cancel discount which usually works.

FA Cup / A League all that is left now. They should give those up to Optus in exchange for Optus launching a subscription based service on Foxtel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of curiosity why do you think so? I recently got the Fetch Mini as part of the World Cup freebies/compensation and I like it but it doesn't seem to offer that much extra vs what you can get using your Chromecast?
I’ve found it provides a far more stable image than chrome casting via my phone.

I’ve got one but don’t really need it as I have Apple TV and that works well enough.

Out of curiosity why do you think so? I recently got the Fetch Mini as part of the World Cup freebies/compensation and I like it but it doesn't seem to offer that much extra vs what you can get using your Chromecast?

Reliability is the main thing it offers plus better refresh rates etc. Feels less like you are watching a stream than Chromecast / ATV4.

Not sure if chef has a Mini or a Mighty, but one benefit of the Mighty is the ability to record, plus you have instantaneous channel switching if flicking between games...

i now have optus sport. chatted to Fwoy on the optus site to get it done.

:straining::moustache:

Are the 3 Beln channels going to be apart of the optussport package, or are they going to be a stand alone package like it is at the moment with the current Beln 1 channel where you have to pay extra to get it.

Also does anyone know when they'll start on Optussport?

So the rollout for Optus Sport on standalone Fetch boxes is happening as of now. I can now get rid of my Optus box, which is a saving I can put towards the BeIN. Sports channels if I want...

Are the 3 Beln channels going to be apart of the optussport package, or are they going to be a stand alone package like it is at the moment with the current Beln 1 channel where you have to pay extra to get it.

Also does anyone know when they'll start on Optussport?

They are a separate subscription

So the rollout for Optus Sport on standalone Fetch boxes is happening as of now. I can now get rid of my Optus box, which is a saving I can put towards the BeIN. Sports channels if I want...

They are a separate subscription

So nothing more than an extra money grab. Wonderful optussport!!!

So nothing more than an extra money grab. Wonderful optussport!!!

What are you talking about? Optus and Fetch are seperate entities. Fetch and BeIN Sports are separate entities. What does one have to do with the other? My phone contract gets me the Optus Sport channels for free on my Fetch Box. If I want BeIN Sports though, I have to pay BeIN Sports...

What are you talking about? Optus and Fetch are seperate entities. Fetch and BeIN Sports are separate entities. What does one have to do with the other? My phone contract gets me the Optus Sport channels for free on my Fetch Box. If I want BeIN Sports though, I have to pay BeIN Sports...

So is Beln exclusive to optus now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back