TV series you are watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Yellowstone on Stan.

It's a Dallas / Sopranos hybrid set in Montana. Amazing cinematography. Kevin Costner plays the hard as nails patriarch.

I watched the first 2 seasons in less than a week.

The Wire was brilliant viewing Anzacday.

Thank you for those tips. Much appreciated

Finally watching The Wire.
What a great show that seemingly launched so many careers.
Omar is a great Saintly Viewed.
Bubbles is his equal, cracks me up.
Have you watched Oz? Many of the characters from The Wire were in this before The Wire. It can be brutal buts its up there with the best imo.

Have you watched Oz? Many of the characters from The Wire were in this before The Wire. It can be brutal buts its up there with the best imo.
Never heard of it.
Given the age of it, I’ll save it for when I’ve got nothing else to watch - thanks

I watched the first episode of the Wire last night. I understand it's early but I'm a little annoyed about all the street talk.... yes yes i know it's realistic but I have a problem understanding all the street sayings. I'm not sure this is going to suit me, rather than any critique of the show.

I watched the first episode of the Wire last night. I understand it's early but I'm a little annoyed about all the street talk.... yes yes i know it's realistic but I have a problem understanding all the street sayings. I'm not sure this is going to suit me, rather than any critique of the show.
I found that a little difficult at first. I reckon I started the show 3 times before it hooked me in. Once it did though, I was hook, line and sinker.

The show is a bit unforgiving in that regard. It takes a few episodes, but when (if) you adjust then there's no looking back.

The show is a bit unforgiving in that regard. It takes a few episodes, but when (if) you adjust then there's no looking back.

i'm at episode 10 and the overacting is either matching the overblown characters on US streets, or it is just overacting. The age of it is intriguing. I am persisting.

i'm at episode 10 and the overacting is either matching the overblown characters on US streets, or it is just overacting. The age of it is intriguing. I am persisting.

There's a large cast, maybe some over-acting here and there, but I don't recall that as being a common theme. Same goes for overdrawn characters.

True what they say, different strokes... If you're only 'persisting' with it at episode 10, then fair to say it isn't really for you. Over-acting and overblown characters drive me off by episode 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am currently watching Penny Dreadful - City of Angels. (Showtime and Stan)

When a grisly murder shocks Los Angeles in 1938, Detective Tiago Vega and his partner Lewis Michener become embroiled in an epic story that reflects the troubled history of the city.

I am very impressed with Natalie Dormer who plays multiple characters in the series.

My partner and I found 'A Counry Practice' on our streaming service. We watched the pilot out of curiosity and are now currently halfway through Season Two (which has over 90 episodes.)

Now that we're older we appreciate it more than we did as kids, and it's easy to see why it wa so popular. A more progressive show than I would have thought it to be and an interesting insight into Australia at the turn of the 80's.

Just finished watching the series 'you' on netflix, enjoyed it! Anyone seen it?
Thats the stalker dude right? Didn't mind it. Its probably been mentioned here, but Yellowstone is another good one. On Stan.

War Of The Worlds.
SBS.
A modern take on a classic story. You could easily draw parallels with what is happening in our society right now with an unseen invader wreaking havoc and death.
This time the invaders aren’t huge machines, but smaller very agile killers.
Worth doing ondemand.

Been watching this, too. It's a great adaptation and quite good with the suspense, there's more questions than answers so far. A second season is being made so that's something to look forward to next year.

Anyone watching the Repair Shop on ABC, amazing restorations repairs on old things.

Very interesting program.

Yes, I've been watching it - some very skilled craftsmen/women. I particularly like it when they have the painting restorer on (Lucia), she does an amazing job. Same with the ceramics lady, Kirsten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back