TV/Video Footage of Poker (or of poker players)

Remove this Banner Ad

Poker on TV

Wonder if we could make this a sticky as Poker seems to be on TV every week, normally ESPN, Celebrity Poker or WPT (which we seem to be getting new episodes of) or you can download it. Ill start with a show which we don't get yet, its called High Stakes Poker and I know most of you know what it is but a few might not, its a televised cash game where the big-names buy in for at least $100,000 of their own money, or as much up to $1m.

They have all the big names Brunson, Negreanau, Gus Hansen, Phil Laak, Barry Greenstein, Mike Matusow, etc. Anyway, I downloaded the latest episode last night, Ep11 of Season 2, and saw probably one of the sickest hands ever, I read Daniels blog about this hand earlier in the year, and bam there it was on last night, I wont describe it as it ended up being a monster, and I mean MONSTER pot, but it was crazy and well worth a download just for that hand alone.

Also, it seems ESPN will start showing WSOP circuit tournaments in a few weeks, and the Main Event will start being shown (Day 1a/b) on August 22 in the states.

Re: Poker on TV

I've downloaded about 7 episodes of the WSOP 2006 curcuit events and am enjoying them a lot.

They must be airing at the moment as the torrents are very new - usually 1 day old with about 380 odd seeders.

High stakes poker is brilliant. I didnt know the 2nd season started until last week so I missed the 1st 2 episodes but 3 and 4 have been great. Mike the mouth is hilarious and its great to see Negreaneu make him shut up. Oh yeah the poker itself is pretty good too.

High Stakes is fantastic.

Anyone see the hand with Negreanu vs Hansen ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at the Gus v Kid hand again, the dealer dealt the flop from right to left.

There should be a rule against that, I don't like it.

Also, Gus may be loose, but I think it's a bad call from Kotter (on the turn) to say that Daniel is putting Gus on 7-5 or 8-5 when he open raised pre-flop and check-raised the flop. Daniel knew where he was at, and the only two hands that made sense were 9s or 5s (not 8s).

Shame Gus didn't have more to push all-in with.

There should be a rule against that, I don't like it

It's a high stakes cash game, so I wouldn't think the players would mind much, considering they ask for chopped pots and "run it twice". Thus, I think the rules are pretty laid back. From what I've seen and read, of course.

Because the deal is with FSN, and I don't think Fox Sports here shows FSN poker telecasts, like the Monte Carlo Millions, which Phil won. Could be wrong though, but I'm sure that's what I read online. That could change with Fox Sports 3 coming, who knows.

Kinda interesting why the WPT doesn't jump on the Aussie Millions. It's supposed to be the "World Poker Tour", yet they only go outside of the US twice (three times this season if you count the "Canadian" event in Niagara Falls).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back