Lifestyle Understanding my city.

Remove this Banner Ad

As most people know I'm a transplanted Victorian living in Brisbane, and a few probably know I have been here 15 years but due to odd and long-story reasons I never got to see any of this town.

As this has all changed I'm now kind of wandering around seeing a few things here and there, but I don't really have any tour paraphenalia so I invite anyone with a Brissy lilt to their gait to offer ideas I can explore.

Basically, I live close to inner city so everything and nothing is local to me, regardless where. I'm slowly seeking out drinking spots of all types, and also artsy shiz that might assist in my integration.

So if anyone has suggestions, let know. And if there's an option to set up a random beering experience with other Sweet FA residents who have also chosen a fantasy locale in the fictitious Brisbane of imaginary Australia, we could also try to tee something up. Which might require a PM Convo because ppl don't like to share too much out loud around these parts.

I'll also try to maintain a docudrama about which venues I've ticked off, in both definitions of the phrase. Currently I only have 3. Right now I'm gonna go look at the burger and beer place called Remys now.

That's it. Any suggestions, and let me know by PM if you have ideas but don't wanna blare them out.

I've recently relocated from Melbourne to Brisbane myself. Getting to know the place slowly and the places I don't like. I know of a few sfa's who are qld located. We might be able to tee up a catch up. I was thinking about arranging one at a Brisbane game next season.

Do you have a car? If so, I'd definitely recommend the Sunshine Coast. Such a beautiful part of the world. Very relaxing!

I've recently relocated from Melbourne to Brisbane myself. Getting to know the place slowly and the places I don't like. I know of a few sfa's who are qld located. We might be able to tee up a catch up. I was thinking about arranging one at a Brisbane game next season.

Do you have a car? If so, I'd definitely recommend the Sunshine Coast. Such a beautiful part of the world. Very relaxing!
One day sure, nah no car.

Interested in the Maritime Museum Mobbs ?? Near South Bank Parklands and some nice gardens, pubs and restaurants - not too far from the ‘Gabba !!
The Gabba means pretty much nothing to me but for sure I do want to see the arts district around south bank sometime, including the museums.

Lived in Brisbanal for 13 years before moving back to Melbourne.

Arts District is ok. Good yum cha joints in the Valley

No idea what it is like now but my favourite boozer was The Brunswick (aka the Brunny). Liked the mix of old locals and younger folk. It was run down just how I like my pubs. Some decent galleries in the Valley and New Farm. Easy enough to get on lists for openings

No idea what it is like now but my favourite boozer was The Brunswick (aka the Brunny). Liked the mix of old locals and younger folk. It was run down just how I like my pubs. Some decent galleries in the Valley and New Farm. Easy enough to get on lists for openings
We're actually booked in to go to the Brunswick for our Christmas party next month. I'll let you know what's it's like

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're actually booked in to go to the Brunswick for our Christmas party next month. I'll let you know what's it's like

I walk past the Brunswick every day on my way to work :)

I walk past the Brunswick every day on my way to work :)
You still work? Honestly had you pictured as a slightly younger version of GUH. Not too much younger though, definitely retired.

OK27wINdQS5YQ.gif

Ok so I will have a PM thread re any possible future meetup in Brisbane (yeah I know its a bad time) and to just exchange any "so how's your diary for this weekend" moments. So yell out anyone who wants to be a part of it - or alternatively just post here if you prefer.

I'm inner city and today I'm gonna go check out a tiny little pub cafe thing nearby. The rain is here but its a very short walk for me and I can dodge because I'm very dodgy.

Ok so I will have a PM thread re any possible future meetup in Brisbane (yeah I know its a bad time) and to just exchange any "so how's your diary for this weekend" moments. So yell out anyone who wants to be a part of it - or alternatively just post here if you prefer.

I'm inner city and today I'm gonna go check out a tiny little pub cafe thing nearby. The rain is here but its a very short walk for me and I can dodge because I'm very dodgy.
id fly up to brissy for this 😁

New Farm Bowls kicked off the barefoot bowls and booze 20 odd years ago
It is right on the river and used to be a fun place to spend an Arvo.

Did you try the Brunny? Interested to learn what it is like now. Back then Friday nights the little front bar would go off with a mix of long time locals with random teeth, youngies, bootless and unhorsed journos and bureaucrats.

New Farm Bowls kicked off the barefoot bowls and booze 20 odd years ago
It is right on the river and used to be a fun place to spend an Arvo.

Did you try the Brunny? Interested to learn what it is like now. Back then Friday nights the little front bar would go off with a mix of long time locals with random teeth, youngies, bootless and unhorsed journos and bureaucrats.
Haven't been to the Brunny yet. Will be going to New Farm this week but just for the cinema.

Sorry it's been a busy festive season, but I would be interested in and future meet-ups. Just continue to harass me via tag or DM and I'll respond :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back