Unpopular opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

"Competitive beast" is the term recruiters use.
In fairness, Rhylee West has it which is to be expected unless there was a horrible mix up at the hospital.
I remember reading a quote from a senior recruiter who said Rhylee was the biggest prick on-field (in a good way) he'd seen since Jack Viney

not sure that is an unpopular opinion.
Defending player payments, then he says "We're essentially entertainers". How that defends his pay packet I don't know. All entertainers are getting no pay whatsoever at the moment. Reiwoldt wouldn't fill the Tote on a free night.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

I received more joy, happiness and a match I will never forget from the prelim final against GWS than the grand final against Sydney.

Reasons I never thought we would beat GWS but thought we would beat Sydney, The drama of the game, The drama in the last minute, Stringer kicking to Dickson to wind down the clock to win the game instead of having a school, our come back when we were down and out, Clay Smith kicking 5 a few days after his best friend was killed in a motor accident, bonts goal to start our fightback, McCraes set shot goal under all the pressure in the world,
Tom Boyd nullifying Big Mumfordm when Roughhead went off injured. I could go on and on.

I received more joy, happiness and a match I will never forget from the prelim final against GWS than the grand final against Sydney.

Reasons I never thought we would beat GWS but thought we would beat Sydney, The drama of the game, The drama in the last minute, Stringer kicking to Dickson to wind down the clock to win the game instead of having a school, our come back when we were down and out, Clay Smith kicking 5 a few days after his best friend was killed in a motor accident, bonts goal to start our fightback, McCraes set shot goal under all the pressure in the world,
Tom Boyd nullifying Big Mumfordm when Roughhead went off injured. I could go on and on.
I think you'll find Smith kicked 4 not 5 but the rest I completely agree with. This goes down as the best Bulldogs game I have seen (and I've seen a lot). You could cut the atmosphere with a knife and the elation at the final siren was something I've never experienced before. Certainly a more enthralling experience than the GF IMO.

I think you'll find Smith kicked 4 not 5 but the rest I completely agree with. This goes down as the best Bulldogs game I have seen (and I've seen a lot). You could cut the atmosphere with a knife and the elation at the final siren was something I've never experienced before. Certainly a more enthralling experience than the GF IMO.
This is such a common story among people I've talked to. So glad we made the trip. It was hard to believe it was actually happening after 55 years without a GF appearance. It sounds ridiculous but going to the MCG a week later was almost an anti-climax, just going through the motions.

Even now independent commentators rate that PF as one of the best finals of all time. Well, in living memory at least.

And what about Bont's goal, and Caleb's, and Picko's smother that started the chain to Macrae, and and and ... :hearteyes:

I'll be watching it a few times to cheer myself up in the coming weeks/months, ... :cry:

And what about Bont's goal, and Caleb's, and Picko's smother that started the chain to Macrae, and and and ... :hearteyes:

I'll be watching it a few times to cheer myself up in the coming weeks/months, ... :cry:
I was there that day. Nothing infuriated me more than Nick Haynes trying to play on after Macrae marked it.

I'm really PO'd at the players & their salary demands.....it would be nice if ours announced they were bucking the union agreement & taking whatever Ameet & PG recommend for the good of our club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back