Opinion Unsubbing the tactical-sub in place of an injury, yay or nay?

Should a tactical sub be able to go back on if there is an injury to another player?

• Yes, this seems fair and just

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Yes, because why not?

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • No, because I don’t like changes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, because I disagree on everything

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Get rid of the sub rule and add 5 on the interchange

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • No, I think the rule is fine as it is and you live with the consequences of your decisions

Votes: 28 56.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez, even if we had 18 on the bench and were able to replace every one of the starting 18 like for like, someone would still whinge its unfair because BOTH ruckmen just happened to be injured and a replacement couldn’t be pulled out of thin air from somewhere like a sub for the 18 on the bench. Why not just have the whole list sitting at the game made available as subs? 5 on the interchange bench. No subs, tactical or otherwise.
Of course if you run out you should be able to sub in one of the players from the other side as well ... after all it is not fair if they are more talented than you!

Every time an unlikely scenario plays out like this, that makes it unfair for a team, we should change the rules.
This isn’t a reactionary discussion for the sake of random discussions. It’s a discussion for the betterment of the game.

Some rules should be left untouched, and some should be modified when it warrants. In the least, some rules need to be questioned regardless of whether there will be changes or not.

This isn’t a reactionary discussion for the sake of random discussions. It’s a discussion for the betterment of the game.

Some rules should be left untouched, and some should be modified when it warrants. In the least, some rules need to be questioned regardless of whether there will be changes or not.
Fair enough. Some obvious improvements to the sub rule then:

You can name more than one sub. So a KPP can replace a KPP, a ruck a ruck, etc. Perhaps any named emergency can be sub. It's kind of dumb and arbitrary that we pick only one sub.

In game, you can trade a number of interchanges for an additional sub. So for example you can make a second substitution, but your IC cap goes down by 10.

Back