Upper Murray Football League 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the Blues V Roos !!! About bloody time no Dogs are involved . It should be a great contest and fairly even across the board. Expect something from Wheeler and the old heads at Cudgy !! In the end I'm tipping the Blues by 3 goals. In the 2's I hope Tumba have stocked there canteen with extra pies and chips. Because when Cooryong win the Dogs win drown there sorrows in food. They have some healthy looking rigs !!!!

Here's a idea for next season UMFL why don't you play your finals over 3 weeks so who ever finishes top 2 get a week off and reward for finishing there.? Also play GF at best ground/club !!!

Long time reader new poster.
I believe that the ones you are referring too that are seemingly "bitching" about missing out have a fair case for doing so. One was named in the side at training on Wednesday night and was ommited for petty club reasons. It wasn't a fair decision. That particular player had been training since November last year so "had put in the hard yards" also trained more than most both in Albury Wodonga and travelled to Corryong to do so. So I think that would be a fair case to be dissapointed/shattered to not be playing alongside their mates. oh and not to mention they are the leading goal kicker for the club and the 2nd's team and played almost every game named on the ground.
You can't honestly say you wouldnt be dissapointed being in their shoes?
A few of the other boys that missed out deserved a go too they put in as much as the others but its a tough gig being a coach and having to pick from so many.
As for going elsewhere, at the close of every season players look to their options especially the travellers. Its a long way to go and why wouldn't you consider your options. Not their fault that they get approached by other clubs - happens to the best of them shockingly even in the AFL!

I'd like to see the Demons finish off the season without a loss. Tumba for the 1sts. And go Feds in the A grade!

:footy: :)
Football is a cruel game at what ever level or league you play in??,Grow a set in most blokes cases but for little JM I feel he has been dealt some rough cards..,:eek: There will be hard luck stories in every team that plays today and I dont reckon Bullioh 2nds will be able to field a team of 22 ( sux s#@t).

But the main game Bill Deery and his boys mean business and I cant see them slipping up twice these boys are hungrey for success and goodluck to the bloke playing on Piltz on Grandfinal day enjoy 1 thing its called a bathing..

Demonroo get my beer ready and we will be having a little wager on the granny ( not your granny either you inbred 2 headed drop kick)
GO BLUES

BLUES2012:footy::footy::footy:

Congrats to Tumba, much deserved win and well done to #23 you're going to be the big winner tonight. Also when done to Corryong and Feds in the other grades.

word around camp. corryong have / in the process of signing sam oconnor. pretty handy running half back flanker. surely have to be in a coaching capacity. if true, a very handy pick up. intersting times ahead.

word around camp. corryong have / in the process of signing sam oconnor. pretty handy running half back flanker. surely have to be in a coaching capacity. if true, a very handy pick up. intersting times ahead.
I think you've got the wrong Corryong based club mixed up, Feds are likely to have Sam and a bloke by the name of D-Will on board for 2013, with D-Will coaching their 2's he will in no doubt have their reserves finals bound. Word is Sam was keen to have a crack at his brother in-law after he forgot to get him a xmas present.:p:p:p

I think you've got the wrong Corryong based club mixed up, Feds are likely to have Sam and a bloke by the name of D-Will on board for 2013, with D-Will coaching their 2's he will in no doubt have their reserves finals bound. Word is Sam was keen to have a crack at his brother in-law after he forgot to get him a xmas present.:p:p:p
Word them up about bringing up waterproof bags for their gear, Toecutter.

Has anyone seen the back page of the BM today? Pretty low act by a bunch of sore losers if you ask me. My mail is that things went pear shaped after Bulliohs prelim loss also. Circle work on the golf course and burning/smashing team photos in the changerooms so I hear. Top bunch of chaps down there. Well done to tumba. Where has o'connor played this year toey? We need about 5 of him on top of this years list!

Has anyone seen the back page of the BM today? Pretty low act by a bunch of sore losers if you ask me. My mail is that things went pear shaped after Bulliohs prelim loss also. Circle work on the golf course and burning/smashing team photos in the changerooms so I hear. Top bunch of chaps down there. Well done to tumba. Where has o'connor played this year toey? We need about 5 of him on top of this years list!

There was also the follow up story today with Bullioh saying "No it wasn't us, it was kids" Reminds me of the simpsons "won't someone please think of the children". In the end, it happened, someone is responsible, and Bulliohs reputation is only getting worse and worse. Also well played Tumba, and well done on your first flag, sucks losing 2 grand finals in a row, next year Blue Boys, next year.

2 handy pick ups for any upper murray club, but is there any chance of Sam leaving the saints and if he doesn't go D-Will won't as he wouldn't even drive himself to burrumbuttock let alone corryong.

2 handy pick ups for any upper murray club, but is there any chance of Sam leaving the saints and if he doesn't go D-Will won't as he wouldn't even drive himself to burrumbuttock let alone corryong.

Very good point Bigfooty Rknee, can you confirm the rumour that D-Will is the cheapest man within a 100 miles of Lavington KFC. But it would be a coup for any upper murray club to pick him up, at least he would knuckle Mark Nichol. I have seen him run the full length of the ground just to point and yell at the opposition.

The upper Murray fl on the front page of the border today for the wrong reasons. You do the crime you do the time I say. Heard the other day that hickey was headin to tallangatta, Clint Reid was retiring and bill nichol was also pulling the pin. They don't win the flag so they all jump ship?

The upper Murray fl on the front page of the border today for the wrong reasons. You do the crime you do the time I say. Heard the other day that hickey was headin to tallangatta, Clint Reid was retiring and bill nichol was also pulling the pin. They don't win the flag so they all jump ship?
Probably got sick of pissing on each other for a hot shower. Add walwa and corryong to the list of teams looking for coaches and makes for an interesting off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know who their club's Best and Fairest's for this season?:)

I tell you who won't be winning the 2013 Cudgewa best and fairest, or any b&f for that matter, Dane Arthur. The bad blood that will be simmering between these two teams next year will be immense. Two ways you can look at it, Bullioh have cost Arthur his footy career by citing him with video evidence, with sour grapes over losing to them in the finals or probably more to the point Arthur did the crime (on numerous occassion) now he does the time, not good for anyone. Amazing how violence in this league is the only reason it makes the front or back page of the border.

Anyone know who their club's Best and Fairest's for this season?:)

anyone have news on next season? any losses and coaching appointments? i . think lezius won cudgie count is the only one i know. teams would need to be getting close to having there coaches in place to start recruiting. was talking to piltz last week and was talking about having next year off but wouln't put it past him playing if the price was right.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and Dane will be running around next year for the Blues, maybe after a few weeks in the sin bin, hopefully Cudgy and Bullioh will be playing against each other come round 1. Looks like there will be some new coaches next year, with Walwa and at least one other club having a crack at Howlong's 2's coach but dunno how many blokes will travel up the hills if they live in Howlong, good luck to the clubs bidding for his services. Corryong looks like their going back to Nicholas doing the job by himself with the other coach stepping aside. Hopefully Demons hold onto what they have cause Evan didnt seem to have much pulling power last time he did the job solo,maybe they can look at getting a new coach and build on last years success . Molky will be primed for the roos to go back to back, dunno whether Deery is sticking around at Cudge while it will be interesting to see the fall out with Feds not making the finals and Bullioh not winning the flag and whether they keep their blokes.

A bloke from the YVMDFL will be up at Cudgewa next season plays mid apprently taking a few up with him.

I heard Lezius was coaching cudgewa next season. Also heard maxy was in the running for the corryong job. As I said about nichol, you do the crime you do the time. Everyone loves a tough contest but it sounds like Arthur belted hickey behind play. Unless they were goin toe to toe that isn't tough. No doubt hickey was askin for it though. Tyrell doin the Feds job. Hopefully he can pick up a few cos we don't want to miss finals again. How is howlongs 2nds coach?

Just had a quick read guys ,if true great for B/W to get a coach now they can start moving forward ,the league carn't afford to loose a team in a six team comp.The comp in the last 5-7 years has really lifted in standard and playing 16 aside i believe has been one of those facters.
Now regarding me coaching wise i put in for one position an inquired about another, As much as i would like to coach Corryong i won't be[great club] i have decided to retire from the coaching seen 20yrs of coaching all different grades hasn't worn me out but time has,[will wave flags at games i watch if they let me].The job i put in for was Beechworth came second in that one i don't interview well that is my major down-fall,but if there is anyone out there that would like to have ago in the coaching ring i would recommend the Beechworth position.Just talking to their president before my interview they have the best incentive scheme going and great club-rooms an ground,they are rebuilding there team just like Tallangatta which i believe is the way to go[thats my opinion only].
Now who do i think will be the top teams next season in the Upper M.L.
I think Tumba Cudgie should be in the top 3 ,if Bullioh can keep Tom Hickey S.Gilloitti and at least 80% of there playing list they will be there about need to change there game plan and some player positions the other clubs have woken-upto the way they play.The big improvers this season was Corryong but the side to watch next season i think will be Feds.All the best guys for next season all i can say about me is i made some good friends and met some great people threw footy and thats the reason i do footy money has never played aroll i have a job for that.max

Looks like there will be some new coaches next year, with Walwa and at least one other club having a crack at Howlong's 2's coach but dunno how many blokes will travel up the hills if they live in Howlong, good luck to the clubs bidding for his services. Corryong looks like their going back to Nicholas doing the job by himself with the other coach stepping aside. Hopefully Demons hold onto what they have cause Evan didnt seem to have much pulling power last time he did the job solo,maybe they can look at getting a new coach and build on last years success.
I know we've spoken to the Howlong bloke and looks like he has the job if he wants it but i havent heard anything official, thanks for showing interest in the job max but we've always been after a playing coach and hopefully he brings a few up and we can look at top 3 in 2013. Congrats to Ev for doing a great job for the last 4 years, keeping the club together and setting the platform for a great 2013. Go Dees!

Andrew Reid definatly doing the Corryong job and has stole Dave and Adam Hanson from under feds nose, Tyrell and those 2 boys are ex team mates and have been talking for about 1 year.
Piltz back to Jindera
McEvoy back to Mitta
Steve Murphy is the talk for Walwa
There's recruits flying everywhere this year compared to previous couple of years, i wonder if many will make the journey to the Upper Murray? Will Corryong keep their late season recruits Marmo and Dale?

Just new to this site looked at most in the area; this is the first one i have come across with someone who actually puts their name to what they say.[brave or silly].Don't know the standard of the league so can someone give me a quick run-down of it? 16 aside interesting old V.F.A. style .
Demon85 i have been a playing coach an non-playing coach and i can honestly say non-playing is the way to go most clubs will be heading down that road in the near future if not already.Just remember you are signing a player not a coach[no disrespect to you or your club].No i don't play or coach anymore i have a young family that requires my time.Look forward to chatting with you all on this site an others.

After seeing the photo in today's Border Corryong could be well advised to ask Jenny Craig if they'd like to be a sponsor.:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back