USA President elections 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Indeed, and the broader article I linked does make that point.

It's a losing strategy, an almighty squeal, but it is a strategy...and it's one which suits the temperament of a profoundly narcissistic personality.

In clinical psych a distinction is often made between arrogant/full narcissism and depleted narcissism

Depleted narcissism has more vulnerability to defeat and envy of others' successes

Brutish behaviour is to defend against large defeats and the accompanying 'annihilation' of ego

Fantasy is another defence when you have depleted narcissism

Trump displays a lot of this type of narcissism

No doubt he loved what Cohn told him because it suited what his father put in place.... win at all costs. I just don't like seeing analysis that characterises Trump as living in unreality .... he is more finely tuned to reality that most on the democratic side. He caters to the dreams and prejudices and everything that is good and bad in people. He uses it to make the deal and win...

50% of people voted for him. There are a lot of loonies. The bulk arent. Even the fundamentalist christians in the US dont get that high an approval.

I agree that no good comes from dismissing Trump's supporters as basket cases.

Don recognised a big reservoir of humanity which felt that the system no longer served them, at all, and he has done a good job --or a 'tremendous' job, as the man himself might say-- of tapping that discontent.

I'm less sure that he has appealed to the better aspects of his supporters. 'MAGA' is a nice catch cry, but beyond that he has delivered and drawn poison.

Nice speech Joe!

Action-oriented: climate, corona, racism...

Calm and reaching out to the whole country

That was a President-elect

PS Biden’s speech writers need to better accomodate his stuttering

‘s’ ‘l’ and ‘w’ alliteration is to be avoided, less complicated clauses, look after him

Trump intentionally uses uncomplicated language, as did Obama

Nice speech Joe!

‘s’ ‘l’ and ‘w’ alliteration is to be avoided, less complicated clauses, look after him

the uneducated are breeding faster than the educated.... target the future

wasn't she in miss universe?
I have no idea. I find her pretty amusing though, quite a few of her videos involve her playing multiple characters Eddie Murphy-style. Evidently not a Trump fan, either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt he loved what Cohn told him because it suited what his father put in place.... win at all costs. I just don't like seeing analysis that characterises Trump as living in unreality .... he is more finely tuned to reality that most on the democratic side. He caters to the dreams and prejudices and everything that is good and bad in people. He uses it to make the deal and win...

50% of people voted for him. There are a lot of loonies. The bulk arent. Even the fundamentalist christians in the US dont get that high an approval.
You think not being able to accept the reality that he lost the election and making up baseless claims about the election being stolen from him shows someone living in reality?I think it shows perfectly that he doesn’t live in reality at all.He only lives in the reality of his own mind,which is something else entirely.

Nice speech Joe!

I've never been pro-Joe; more anti-Don.

But I look forward to looking at Biden on his own terms, rather than seeing him through orange-tinted glasses.

You think not being able to accept the reality that he lost the election and making up baseless claims about the election being stolen from him shows someone living in reality?I think it shows perfectly that he doesn’t live in reality at all.He only lives in the reality of his own mind,which is something else entirely.

his reality is he's been cheated and he will never give up. Never.

Nice speech Joe!

i just watched the speech... maybe it was on the chinese channel but i dont share your enthusiasm. He looked a bit fragile. I hope he gets some sleep. Presidents usually spend half their time playing golf, so he should be fine.

Why are people expecting a man-baby like Trump to act rationally? There is absolutely no evidence of vote tampering. No proof. If Trump or anybody else had proof they would go to court with evidence. Only then would the Supreme Court get involved.
Trump has been saying the election would be 'stolen' for 4 months. He sowed the seeds for dissent and violence before election day. He is not and never will be a statesman or a leader.
Thank goodness we are within sight of being rid of him. I'm celebrating right now with a nice sparkling!

Shorthand Trump.Just count the votes that go for me,but don’t count the votes that go to the other guy.I win because I say so!Honestly,what a child.America deserves better than this idiot.
I think you might be a little confused.
I think Trump said stop the voting not counting.

Why are people expecting a man-baby like Trump to act rationally? There is absolutely no evidence of vote tampering. No proof. If Trump or anybody else had proof they would go to court with evidence. Only then would the Supreme Court get involved.
Trump has been saying the election would be 'stolen' for 4 months. He sowed the seeds for dissent and violence before election day. He is not and never will be a statesman or a leader.
Thank goodness we are within sight of being rid of him. I'm celebrating right now with a nice sparkling!

To be fair, pretty hard to find evidence when you aren't allowed to observe the votes? That's the entire point?

That's like saying how can you find evidence of shoplifting if you have no cameras and no one watching for it? Does that mean no one shoplifted?

You are right Trump did say the election would be stolen for 4 months.
the dems knew this was going to court they know they can only beat Trump by cheating so did Trump this is why you seen the tantrums when Amy Coney Barrett was appointed.
You think Trump is going to take this crap he has a plan and the dems have exposed themselves 4 years of racist rapist golden showers russia fascist its Scorched earth time.
Funny how the mainstream media said for the whole 4 years that russia hacked the election it was a fraud but now saying you can't cheat a election?
celebrating a bit early enjoy your sparkling.

To be fair, pretty hard to find evidence when you aren't allowed to observe the votes? That's the entire point?

That's like saying how can you find evidence of shoplifting if you have no cameras and no one watching for it? Does that mean no one shoplifted?
Not sure where you are getting that misinformation. Fox perhaps? It's just blatant lies. All of the counts are being observed by both Democrats and Republicans. The issue was taken to court and thrown out as total nonsense. Look, even Rupert has jumped ship. It might help if you popped over to CBC and CNN to actually watch the counting instead of just repeating the Trump camp's gibberish.

Not sure where you are getting that misinformation. Fox perhaps? It's just blatant lies. All of the counts are being observed by both Democrats and Republicans. The issue was taken to court and thrown out as total nonsense. Look, even Rupert has jumped ship. It might help if you popped over to CBC and CNN to actually watch the counting instead of just repeating the Trump camp's gibberish.

We'll see, saying there 100% is not a single instance of any problems when you clearly don't know is just as bad as the gibberish from the Trump camp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back