News vaguely harassment lyon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALERT

Coming from a strong source at the WEST AUS(not haggers). There’s another incident going public soon. Ross to walk soon.

I’ll look rather silly if I’m wrong but that’s ok. It’s coming down the line to me from a reliable source. Might be wrong, but he’s certain there’s another woman coming forwards.

Making 'inappropriate comments' about someone's attire is not sexual harrassment. To call it such is to diminish and trivialise real harassment

Very true. Ross’s actual comments though were far worse than that which has been reported and fall into the bullying on the basis of gender over extended period of time. There maybe a touch of club message management going on. I suspect Ross is not such great bloke maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very true. Ross’s actual comments though were far worse than that which has been reported and fall into the bullying on the basis of gender over extended period of time. There maybe a touch of club message management going on. I suspect Ross is not such great bloke maybe.

And you know this , how. We on here would all love to know how you got this information. If you can't tell us we call you a bullshitter and head off back to your own board

Dude the circus already left town Clown..

I’m curious. Can someone knowledgeable explain how NDA works in these situation?

One party broke the NDA and provided information to the media (for whatever reason). The seemingly one sided narrative is casting a bad light on the club and may possibly have financial impact (lost of membership, sponsors). Is the club then allowed to share their side of the story to salvage their reputation or do they still need to honor the NDA?

Ok so the NDA is between 2 parties. In this case the worker and the employer (Fremantle FC) have come to an arrangement. I'm not sure if the case went through as Workers Comp Claim to WorkCover (worker would have to have a compensable injury from a result of her work. Could potentially claim that she suffered a mental illness due to the comments/bullying etc.) or she went through the Fair Work Commission for an unfair dismissal/constructive dismissal if she was removed from her role.

Alternatively she could have been asked to leave her position and was paid for doing so and a contract for her leaving was reached were she received a payout.

The terms of the NDA would normally list what penalties would be applied if a party breaches, this forms part of the contract entered into. Usually it means that one party will seek damages for loss of business, reputation etc.

Where this becomes a little clouded is that the former female employee is most unhappy that this is out and the way it has been handled. If she was the one who breached then I would assume she wouldn't be unhappy and more worried.

The issue for Fremantle is that this may have been breached internally, and that the former employee may seek damages for her reputation now being publically damaged although she hasn't been named.

Fremantle seem to be sticking to the "no comment as per NDA" or at least Ross is. Word on the street is that it is his former assistants that have let the cat out the bag.

IF there is persistent gender based bullying, and multiple victims of that, by one employee towards another and it is ignored by the club and they don't pull the offending employee into line, I reckon it's the CEO that has a problem with his tenure.

I wish this would just **** off already.

If he is a bad man (ie incidents beyond the NDA incident) just sack him and any senior execs involved can go with him.

If he is not then let it die ffs.

I agree, this is killing us slowly.
We need clear air, with a promising young list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross is in a no win situation. If he is guilty of only a throw away line that was taken out of context . That the matter was dealt with months ago to every ones satisfaction will not matter one iota to the rabid Ross and Freo haters. Ross and his family will be subjected to taunts and innuendo as long as he coaches Freo.

Innocent or guilty I think he is in trouble either way.

God I'm so sick of this rubbish.

This news come out, endless speculation and theory-crafting from outsiders guessing what's happened and what's going to happen begins. *s on Twitter / BF begin their back and forth "I heard" and "I'm hearing" nonsense posts when all they're doing is just feeding off of what they read among themselves and then they begin to claim validity for attention points.

That's all it is, that's all that has been happening the last two weeks. Even the media, they've just been repackaging the same ******* news with different wording for the last two weeks and calling it the new breaking gossip. Of course tho' the majority of the degenerates involved in the AFL community are more interested in reading about what Ben Cousins is doing or what Lyon said that one time under influence instead of talking about the game.

All these ******* morons who complain about the media but end up being the ones playing into their hands and help push their agendas are the ones to blame.

Also, from now on time to start banning people who post articles from SportingNews - the person in charge of the AFL section is a dyslexic Redditor who just sits in his mud hut copying and pasting real news all day and then makes up absolute piss in between.

I've pretty much taken the attitude that this is just a media witch hunt and it will die a natural death.

But on reflection, my one big current concern is ... where is the support from the Freo administration on this issue?
Why hasn't the CEO or President done a media conference?
Even if there is an NDA and they cannot discuss this incident, there is plenty that they could still say to give Freo supporters confidence that this matter has been dealt with and should now just be put to bed.
But given they haven't stepped up and shown any public support for Ross makes me think they are avoiding this sensitive topic and just letting the dominoes fall.

If they think it is a good plan just waiting it out and the problem will go away, then obviously that plan is not working.

And this really concerns me. Because if the Freo board and management simply allow Ross to get publicly crucified, then eventually sack him and distance themselves from him ... then I'm done. I would no longer follow any AFL.

Gossage was just on SEN saying he thinks there is nothing in it. Reckoned the rumour began with that bloke on 6PR monday who mentioned Suma as a replacement and the Sumich link was enough for Goss to dismiss it.

Said Ross was on the track today looking in good spirits.

So if he is about to walk he is doing it in a strange manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back