Toast Vale Alan Morrow

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale, Alan Morrow​

St Kilda Football Club pauses to pay respect to Premiership player Alan Morrow, who passed away aged 86.

It was appropriate in many ways that Alan Morrow took the final mark in the 1966 Grand Final just as the siren sounded.

He was the oldest and longest serving member of the team, playing in his last game for the Saints, and had been robbed of glory in the previous year’s Grand Final.

Alan Morrow passed way on July 13 at the age of 86.

Many, many years ago, I used to go to the King Club in Sandringham and I would bump into Alan there quite regularly. He loved to have a chat and he was a genuinely good bloke.
I will remember him fondly.

sad to see him pass away . Will forever have the image of him taking the final mark in the 66 Grand Final . i might have been too young to be there but ive watched it so many times . RIP Alan .

I have Alan Morrow’s autograph somewhere. Saw him play a number of times when I was a kid. So sad that another of our Premiership team has left us. Was a fitting end for him at the Saints to have the ball in his hand as the siren sounded in 66. He retired after the game, but continued at Dandenong in 67.

It is well documented that we were probably a better performed team in 65. Just fell at the final hurdle. Morrow broke his foot early in the GF and had to be replaced. It was one of a few things that went against us. A big thing. He probably would have retired if we’d won, but saddled up again in 66 and got the ultimate glory.

It’s been great to see him over the years looking so good in photos of reunions and past player functions. And fit as a fiddle. He was 86 which is a significant innings. Number 8 is a revered number at the Saints.

RIP Mocca!

Last edited:
Allsn Morrow, one of my all time favourites. A hard man, and a tough one. can remember when he came to the Saints from Gippsland with Bill Stephenson, I think Bill Young came down the previous year. We did very well out of Gippsland for a while

Remove this Banner Ad

Back