Vale Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

Was the CEO, management etc also taking a 10% pay cut?
One place where I worked said the couldn't give us a promised pay rise or they'd go broke.
What the CEO did was give management and favourite girls from the office extra job titles to justify their pay rise and bonuses.
We all decided to leave then all of a sudden got our pay rises and it turned out the business was quite viable all along.
It's easy to say people should take a paycut. I know if I had to take a 10% cut I'd need to leave and find another job.
Given that all management and the CEO went out the door as well you could say there were serious about the companies state of affairs.
Given that Ford, Holden, Toyota and the mines are closing up finding other jobs are going to be harder and harder which makes the decision not to take a pay cut and keep a check coming in was astounding

How many billions would it have saved taxpayers if the decision was made 30 years ago instead of now. cant say I'm not happy it's finally going. But yeah not great for our club or the town though. Hopefully some other industries start thriving in its place and this help.

In fairness, let's hope other industries that obtain subsidies have them duly withdrawn in sectors such as agriculture, mining, sports infrastructure and the like....

My first car was a Ford. It was a 250 XY Falcon 3 on the column. I managed to wreck it fairly quickly in my restlessness.
I also worked at Ford in Production Weld and the Casting Plant circa 1980-2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back