News Vale Russell John Naismith

Remove this Banner Ad

Rexi J who no longer posts here sent me an email and asked me to make this post to acknowledge both playing for the club and fundraising he did via the Swoopers group the club has run for decades to help fund junior development.

Russ was highly talented but his career was cut short by a serious knee injury, probably an ACL.

I knew Russ in the early ‘60s when he was a teller at the National Bank Glenside where my family banked.

I also caught up with him a couple of years ago at my one and only Swoopers luncheon. He was living in Alice Springs according to his Death Notice today.

The death notice read.
Goodbye Rusty our Swooper's Ambassador to the Northern Territory,
based in Alice Springs. Your loyalty and friendship were greatly appreciated
and we will miss your fellowship and Swoopers lunches.
A true Believer. Go to the forward pocket for a spell mate.
You can take the bloke out of the Port, but you can't
take the Port out of the bloke.

Last edited:
Rexi J who no longer posts here sent me an email and asked me to make this post to acknowledge both playing for the club ad fundraising he did via the Swoopers group the club has run for decades to help fund junior development.

Russ was highly talented but his career was cut short by a serious knee injury, probably an ACL.

I knew Russ in the early ‘60s when he was a teller at the National Bank Glenside where my family banked.

I also caught up with him a couple of years ago at my one and only Swoopers luncheon. He was living in Alice Springs according to his Death Notice today.

The death notice read.
Goodbye Rusty our Swooper's Ambassador to the Northern Territory,
based in Alice Springs. Your loyalty and friendship were greatly appreciated
and we will miss your fellowship and Swoopers lunches.
A true Believer. Go to the forward pocket for a spell mate.
You can take the bloke out of the Port, but you can't
take the Port out of the bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back