2nds VFLW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Got the win.

Edit:

Carlton
Goal Kickers: C. Moody, B. Schultz, G. Gee, D. Vescio
Best Players: M. Brancatisano, A. Downie, N. Burns, T. Lucas-Rodd, C. Moody, G. Gee

Last edited:

Game is live now on RSN radio: http://www.rsn.net.au/digital-radio/

Vescio kicks the opening goal of the match, she only needs to score 2 more to take the lead in the VFLW goalkicking leaderboard.

Abby Mckay playing forward pocket.

Edit: Vescio just kicked a second. Equaling Hannah Mouncy with 17 goals for the season, needs one more to take the crown.

Edit 2: Vescio has 3 straight goals, awarded a free kick for high contact. Umpire awarded a 50m penalty for an off-ball incident, Darcy scores from 10m out directly in front, has 3 straight goals.

Carlton 14.8 (92) def Essendon 2.5 (17)

Goals: Vescio 9; Mckay, Gietzmann, Malouf, Caris + one other (missed the name)

Comments from the RSN radio coverage:

Dalton a good long kick, has height over other players and is a strong mark.
Brooke Walker played well
Celine Moody 'a stunt double of Tayla Harris' Not as good as Harris but similar playstyle.
Gab Pound would have been BOG if not for Vescio kicking 9 goals.
Vescio had a quieter second half with only 1 goal but had 3 goal assists and wasn't being greedy
The tgsports page hasn't update with the full scores yet so I don't know who else kicked that goal: http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124989038&c=1-118-0-478229-0&pool=1

Last match for us in our inaugural VFLW season, missing the finals. The ladder hasn't updated yet so I think we might finish 6th, overtaking the Bulldogs and up from 8th before this match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome. Any feedback about Macca jnr?

Didn't star, but was very promising. Kicked a goal, mainly played forward pocket with a little bit of time on the ball.
Didn't shy away from the contest. If I was the Blues, I'd take her as a father-daughter pick and would probably get one or two games in the AFLW.
Shows a lot of promise and will benefit from a full AFLW pre-season and another season in the VFLW.

Didn't star, but was very promising. Kicked a goal, mainly played forward pocket with a little bit of time on the ball.
Didn't shy away from the contest. If I was the Blues, I'd take her as a father-daughter pick and would probably get one or two games in the AFLW.
Shows a lot of promise and will benefit from a full AFLW pre-season and another season in the VFLW.
Thanks CH. Hope we do.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-09-06/carlton-announces-vflw-list-changes

Carlton Football Club wishes to advise it has made ten changes to its VFLW list, following the conclusion of the 2018 home and away season.

After being informed their contracts would not be renewed in 2019, the Blues would like to thank the following players for their services to the Club: Genevieve Green, Caroline Hardeman, Kimberley Cunico, Tess Plowman, Louella McCarthy, Danica Pedersen, Bailey Schultz, Mika Suzuki, Georgia Fisher and Sarah Last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back