Umpiring Questionable Umpiring Decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL.

Freo goal touched by Quaynor clearly touched and paid a goal anyway. Deplorable.
Man for all the times you've whinged about people complaining about the umpires on this board, you're putting in a really great shift yourself tonight.

C could be paid a dozen times a game as well, players never give it back to the boundary.
I am sure i saw Sidebottom put the ball on the ground and run into position as the umpire was still running in.
No free kick. A weird rule but glad it happened to the Magpies as at least now we all no this rule exists and all players will take note.

No your post is flawed. Victorian umpires support a specific Victorian team. They rate other states teams above most Victorian teams. Trust me I'm Victorian and I know how we think.
Remember Dean Margetts? He is a western Australian umpire.

Go look at certain derbies from 2015-21 when the eagles won 11 in a row .

No doubt which WA side Dean Margetts favoured in that WA derby when he umpired.

Again, Margetts played a tiny hand on eagles having a fluke and poxy derby streak over Freo.

Margetts retired at the end of 2021.

Once Margetts left at the end of 2021, go look at the derby games in 2022 and 2023.

Again, Margetts played a tiny hand on eagles having a fluke and poxy derby streak over Freo.

Once Margetts left at the end of 2021, go look at the derby games in 2022 and 2023.
Sounds like you agree with me. He supports a specific side. So does Stevic and its not Collingwood.

No issues with the grand finals results from 2007 to 2023? Only 2 Non Vic sides won a flag, swans in 2012 and eagles in 2018.

Hawks won flags in 2008 and 2013-5.

So hawks have won more flags than all 8 Victorian clubs

I was just talking about the worst free kick ever tonight when the umpire gave fremantle a goal because the wrong player nicely passed him the ball.

You seemed to have gone off on same ramble about Hawthorn. I can't help you with your trauma about hawthorn being the best side back in those days. If hawthorn were given free goals like tonights then yes that is disgusting, and they didn´t deserve those flags.

Imagine anyone for a second even defending that free kick. If the game has come to that, we are in trouble. Watch The AFL not sack that prick and defend him.

Worst shit I have seen.

I was just talking about the worst free kick ever tonight when the umpire gave fremantle a goal because the wrong player nicely passed him the ball.

You seemed to have gone off on same ramble about Hawthorn. I can't help you with your trauma about hawthorn being the best side back in those days. If hawthorn were given free goals like tonights then yes that is disgusting, and they didn´t deserve those flags.

Imagine anyone for a second even defending that free kick. If the game has come to that, we are in trouble. Watch The AFL not sack that prick and defend him.

Worst s**t I have seen.
And after Rankine last week, McCreery was allowed to run 30m without bouncing, which lead to a goal early in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Margetts helped the eagles over the line on many occasions .
With subconsciously or with intent, he was pretty bad and needed to be taking away from eagles games or sacked.

Margetts helped the eagles over the line on many occasions .
With subconsciously or with intent, he was pretty bad and needed to be taking away from eagles games or sacked.
and When Margetts reitred at the end of 2021, how did the eagles go on both those derbies in 2022? How did the eagles go in both those derbies in 2023?

Worst s**t I have seen.
you are talking about one umpire decision that happened tonight. That is nothing.

Also Ironic you brought that bolded and underlined bit up because that is how Freo lost to the saints in 2017. Nick Riewoldt is a bloody cheat.

Dogs Vs Crows in 2016 at docklands. Umpire Troy pannell gave 18 free kicks in the 1st 3 quarters in that game. 17 free kicks to the dogs and only 1 to the crows.

and When Margetts reitred at the end of 2021, how did the eagles go on both those derbies in 2022? How did the eagles go in both those derbies in 2023?

again, I get your point regarding the earlier period but pointing to umpire conspiracy as the reason the eagles, at that time the worse side in AFL history blah blah lost the 2022/23 derbies.

gimme a break.

Last edited:
Let's see that type of free kick get paid everytime the scump doesn't receive the ball when balling up. Come on, Nicholls has set the precedent so be consistent...
Hah, it won't because everyone knows it's bullshit.

commentators just exposing themselves at the end by not knowing that rule. It's already been paid once already this year too.

I thought it was common knowledge that you have to hand the ball back to the umpire and no one else.

I remember Gary Ablett Jnr got done for doing it years ago.

Just staggering that commentators who watch games every weekend and a Premiership coach needed the rule clarified.

Oh well, Collingwoods turn to suck it up!

I thought it was common knowledge that you have to hand the ball back to the umpire and no one else.

I remember Gary Ablett Jnr got done for doing it years ago.

Just staggering that commentators who watch games every weekend and a Premiership coach needed the rule clarified.

Oh well, Collingwoods turn to suck it up!
What rule is it? No one seems to be able to pin point it….

I’ve never seen it called before.

Let's see that type of free kick get paid everytime the scump doesn't receive the ball when balling up. Come on, Nicholls has set the precedent so be consistent...
Hah, it won't because everyone knows it's bullshit.
Adelaide were robbed of a chance to win due to a free that never gets paid last week(it didn't even get paid last night and your team scored from it).

Take the good with the bad...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back