17 - Houston
13 - Drew
10 - Gray, Finlayson
7 - Aliir, Clurey
5 - Farrell
3 - Amon, Mayes, Jonas, Hayes, Dumont, Bergman
2 - Mead, Bonner, Georgiades, Dixon
1 - Lycett, McEntee
0 - Motlop, Duursma, Sinn, McKenzie, Butters, Skinner, Byrne-Jones, Jones, Frederick, Fantasia, Teakle, J.Burgoyne

5 Boak
4 Rozee
3 Houston
2 Bergman
1 Jonas (saved us many times)

-5 Farrell (looked disinterested. Didn't give an effort on numerous occasions. Despite his talent he should be dropped after today)
-4 Mead (didn't cope with the occasion. Even when under no physical pressure he dropped the ball and wasted his kicks)
-3 Georgiades (No impact. Not given a chance by the bang it high and long to the Melbourne defence tactic)
-2 Bonner (How can a guy get so rusty after missing just two games)
-1 Butters (Must be sick, lacked his usual effort, didn't chase hard or run to create)

I can't see why anybody would have SPP in their best players. He had 5 shots on goal for 3 points, 1 OOF and 1 that didn't make the distance from 25 metres. All were kicksble. He also missed targets going forward that would have lead to shots on goal. Aside from Bonner and Mead nobody else contributed more to losing the game. That type of game, if rewarded, goes to heart of why this club has become so mediocre.

I can't see why anybody would have SPP in their best players. He had 5 shots on goal for 3 points, 1 OOF and 1 that didn't make the distance from 25 metres. All were kicksble. He also missed targets going forward that would have lead to shots on goal. Aside from Bonner and Mead nobody else contributed more to losing the game. That type of game, if rewarded, goes to heart of why this club has become so mediocre.
Where are your 5 players?? Easy bag - harder to do.

5. Rozee. Most influential player. Things look like they are going to happen when he gets it
4. DBJ. Under rated game. Mopped up all day and was sure with the ball.
3. Boak. Played pretty well did Trevor. Even kicked straight.
2. That weak missed missed tackle was unforgiveable but was good outside that.
1. Dixon/Finlayson Combo. Broke even with the Gawn/Jackson combo which is a fair effort.

Honourable mentions to Drew, Bergmen and Jonas (who was a lot better than anybody is giving him credit for).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 Rozee
4 Boak
3 Dixon
2 Drew
1 Bergman

If SPP nailed a couple of those shots on goals I would have give him 3 or 4 votes. He had 16 kicks and probably 12+ of them were I50.

5 Rozee
4 Boak
3 Dixon
2 Drew
1 Bergman

If SPP nailed a couple of those shots on goals I would have give him 3 or 4 votes. He had 16 kicks and probably 12+ of them were I50.
SPPs game was like Bolton's game against us a few rounds ago. Could have been dominant. They couldn't go with him, but he was unable to finish his work.

VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
Kysaiah Pickett (MELB)
8 Christian Petracca (MELB)
6 Connor Rozee (PORT)
4 Travis Boak (PORT)
1 Jack Viney (MELB)
1 Michael Hibberd (MELB)

Top 10 in coaches award

VOTESPLAYERCLUB
84Clayton OliverMELB
75Christian PetraccaMELB
72Andrew BrayshawFRE
72Touk MillerGCFC
70Lachie NealeBL
68Connor RozeePORT
67Jeremy CameronGEEL
65Patrick CrippsCARL
55Callum MillsSYD
53Hugh McCluggageBL

SPPs game was like Bolton's game against us a few rounds ago. Could have been dominant. They couldn't go with him, but he was unable to finish his work.
Yep the coaches didn't give Bolton a vote even though he dominated his position that night.

You knew who I meant....
The fact that we instantly knew who you meant is an indictment on how s**t that tackle attempt was.

I was mostly half-watching with my arms folded, but that s**t tackle was the one thing in three hours of football that got an emotional reaction out of me. If I was bothering doing votes this week I'd happily rule Houston out of mine based on that effort alone.

I must have been blinded by Rozee's effort the week before, but I thought his 1st half, apart from a couple of brilliant things, was quite poor.
Fumbling and nervous. I recollect, I think in the 1st half, he handballed straight to a Melbourne player.
Looking at who I voted for, I suspect I have subconsciously awarded those who made the fewest mistakes. Rating Houston at number 5 best player was probably an error on my part.
Rozee's 2nd half was much, much better and more akin to the previous week.

The fact that we instantly knew who you meant is an indictment on how s**t that tackle attempt was.

I was mostly half-watching with my arms folded, but that s**t tackle was the one thing in three hours of football that got an emotional reaction out of me. If I was bothering doing votes this week I'd happily rule Houston out of mine based on that effort alone.
With our season on the line, Neal-Bullen should have left that contest with broken ribs.

If any of our leaders were actually serious about winning that game, then Houston should have been dragged and told exactly that. Jonas should have barked it at him on the field, so that everyone on the field could hear that we mean business.

But no. We went meekly into the night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back