MVP Votes R4 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Alliir
4. Finlayson
3. Butters
2. Duursma
1. Williams.

Thought Mead was very influential after a poor first quarter.
Give him some more games.

Dixon a good second half.

Rozee got plenty of it.

McKenzie unlucky not to be top 5 too.

Most players were serviceable to excellent. Only 4 or 5 you would say were poor.

McKenzie with hardly any love here. I thought he was enormous and one of only four 4-quarter winners (Aliir, Butters, McKenzie, Duursma). Dixon was great late, and Finlayson’s game crept up on us with a huge last ten minutes too.
McKenzie is our best 1-1 defender when fit by a fair bit

Lucky - Boak (from the first 2 and a half quarters = gone), McEntee (first half where he was running around lost leaving defenders loose)
Boak will be right in three weeks, bloke was smashed in the pre season, broken rib. If he is ‘fit’ to play, will still take 6 weeks to ‘recover’

Aliir
Duursma,
Butters
Finlayson
McKenzie

Had Aliir best, granted not on peak Buddy but kept us in it and cameo at the end. Given the way the game was played I was biased towards defensive efforts.

8. Dixon
7. Rozee, SPP
6. Drew, Aliir, Butters
5. JHF
4. Burton, Duursma
2. Farrell, Bergman, Finlayson
1. McKenzie

Gave JHF BOG rd1 reckon had him 6th next 3 matches

Last edited:
Boak will be right in three weeks, bloke was smashed in the pre season, broken rib. If he is ‘fit’ to play, will still take 6 weeks to ‘recover’
Also "learning" to play outside the centre square again.

His speed does look down and it seems like he is second guessing situations and more reactive than usual. Like you, I think he and Wines will be a fair bit better in 4-6 weeks. In contrast, I doubt that Jonas or Lycett will ever be up to playing at the required level again.

9 Chad Warner (SYD)
7 Aliir Aliir (PORT)
7 Oliver Florent (SYD)
5 Zak Butters (PORT)
1 Xavier Duursma (PORT)
1 Jeremy Finlayson (PORT)

9 Chad Warner (SYD) so 5+4
7 Aliir Aliir (PORT)......... 2+5
7 Oliver Florent (SYD).... 4+3
5 Zak Butters (PORT)......3+2
1 Xavier Duursma (PORT)
1 Jeremy Finlayson (PORT)