MVP Votes R9 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

No, he's too slow, small and weak. His tackles get brushed aside easily and he won't be able to keep up with anyone with any kind of acceleration. Powerful mids would flatten him, quick mids run away from him. He'd be really handy if you wanted to tag a really s**t, slow mid, like Zac jones. He might be able to shut him down.
I didn't say he was going to be any good at it :cool: but it is something I could see.

Of the 17 people who have voted so far,

15 have Wines, Butters JHF and Rioli in their top 5, various orders, and other 2 have 3 of the 4 of them.

Been a long time since such consensus when we have won a big game.

Didn’t like his 2nd half and the choke in front of goal lost my vote. Mead was consistent through the whole game.
I personally find it a little bit cowardly that some posters want to criticise other people's votes but they don't have the guts to give their votes first in the thread or ever.

These votes are almost always just an exhibit of people voting on name value alone and group think.

If you have a slightly different take on the best players I actually rate your opinion higher.

These votes are almost always just an exhibit of people voting on name value alone and group think.

If you have a slightly different take on the best players I actually rate your opinion higher.
So you're basically saying that everyone who puts their votes down is genuinely using BigFooty Port Adelaide Game Votes to use our collective power behind the scenes to push certain players to win the BigFooty Vote for the year?!?!?!?

You've lost the plot, dude.

I generally don't look at the stats when I do my votes unless I have a tiebreak and I might have a quick peek. So maybe sometimes it might look a little weird. But who cares its just my opinion.

So you're basically saying that everyone who puts their votes down is genuinely using BigFooty Port Adelaide Game Votes to use our collective power behind the scenes to push certain players to win the BigFooty Vote for the year?!?!?!?

You've lost the plot, dude.
You haven't understood what I have said at all

5- Wines
4- Drew
3- Rioli
2- Houston
1- Visentini

I always record the game then take a look at the replay before I vote. It is surprising what a second look reveals. It either confirms my votes or highlights things I may have missed the first time around.

Bulldust

The votes on this board regularly varies widely.

Its why I made the post that the voting so far has shown a high degree of consensus that I havent seen on here for a long time.

And its just common sense that our midfield dominated for so much of the game and Willie kicking 4 and it could have been 6 or 7 that they dominate the voting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5- Wines
4- Drew
3- Rioli
2- Houston
1- Visentini

I always record the game then take a look at the replay before I vote. It is surprising what a second look reveals. It either confirms my votes or highlights things I may have missed the first time around.
I appreciate someone who watches tape.
If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you put the Hornet in the votes?

Yes I have.
You haven't, and you still haven't.

I'm not implying there is any collusion because as you have pointed out, that would be dumb.

I'm implying that people have cognitive biases which result in most people voting for the same players and voting for players that have name recognition.

Which to be fair, is what umpires do.

I'm not implying there is any collusion because as you have pointed out, that would be dumb.

I'm implying that people have cognitive biases which result in most people voting for the same players and voting for players that have name recognition.

It's not what you said but if so, all you are doing is stating the obvious in a convoluted way. Great.

You've got this arse about. Players don't gain votes because of name recognition. Players gain name recognition by playing good football, a side effect of which is getting votes.

If people voted on name recognition alone then Ollie Wines and Travis Boak would be leading the pack for the season.

I appreciate someone who watches tape.
If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you put the Hornet in the votes?

I didn't have Zak Butters in my votes either although both Zak and Horne-Francis could easily have been there. I agonized over the voting this week. Not many of us had Willem Drew in the best 5 but I thought he did the hard stuff over four quarters along with Ollie Wines.

Of the 17 people who have voted so far,

15 have Wines, Butters JHF and Rioli in their top 5, various orders, and other 2 have 3 of the 4 of them.

Been a long time since such consensus when we have won a big game.
And it feels like even longer since the consensus has been on Wines.

He used to top everyone's list every week just about a few years back.

I think I'm the exact opposite of this.

If you're a top tier inside midfielder for example and you get 35 touches, big deal. That's your ******* job. On the other hand if you're a limited TOG small forward, but you take every chance you get and nail 3 goals, or a defender against the form forward of the comp and shut them down, to me that's more impressive.

I've actually never seen what you're describing in the votes on this forum, but then again I've never actually done any sort of analysis on them.

I was expecting Chris Scott to give the Irish bloke who went and played on JHF 3 or 4 votes the way he talked about him at his presser. But I reckon most of his presser was a deflection to not have to deal with their shithouse first half.

I reckon he only gave JHF 4.

Look at the first 4 players on the list below. Its the same 4, that 15 of 17 voters gave votes to, when I commented about it at post #28.

VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
Zak Butters (PORT)
9 Jason Horne-Francis (PORT)
3 William Rioli (PORT)
3 Ollie Wines (PORT)
3 Zach Guthrie (GEEL)
2 Tyson Stengle (GEEL)
1 Max Holmes (GEEL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back