MVP Votes v Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

**** it, 13 blokes get votes this week.

3) Anderson, Wood, Zurhaar, Simpkin
2) Brown, Cunnington, Higgins, Tarrant, Pittard (7 marks, 5 rebounds, 9 one percenters)
1) Ziebell, Polec, LDU, Goldstein

Stiff: Everyone else

You are only getting away with this cos you gave Jed and Cam 3 votes each (and they deserved it after their human cannonball impersonations) and its the only time I'm ever gonna allow it^.

^Unless there's something equally spectacular like a flag or winning the last game of this season to jag a top 4 spot.

One of the most difficult games to give votes in. Great team performance.

3. Cunners, ridiculously high standards he sets every week.
2. Zhurhaar - Absolute wrecking ball, Like Turner when he gets his timing right but bigger and faster and kicks more goals
1. Brown

Very hard to split Brown, Wood, Ziebs, Tarrant, Polec, Froggy, Anderson, Higgo, Pittard, Jye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Soon."

So hard to pick these votes.

3. Jed. There was a point in this game where I thought he was the most damaging player on the ground. As in physically damaging.
2. Cunners. Like someone said upthread - is Cunners.

I originally had these two round the other way but that impression of Jed's physical presence has stayed with me since so I changed them.

1. Cam Z. Probably the best 1 vote of all time - so much competition. See Tef's post for a short list of HMs.

What a mission.:huh:

I counted and checked the votes a few times this week. You'll see why. There are 2 sets of votes this week. With Tef and without....

Cam Z - 134 and 137 votes. What a performance. Genuinely Archer like.
Cunners - 79 and 81 votes. As Devington said - "Is Cunners." Seriously becoming one of my all time favorite footy players.
BBB - 23 and 25 votes. This guy is as clutch as clutch can be and as Clutch themselves observed he is a Colussus and will Rise Again.
JZ - 23 and 24 votes. Been playing real captain's games lately.
Jedly and Woody - 17 and 20 votes each. Jed's also becoming one of my all time favorite players. (If I hadn't swapped Jed and Cunners in my votes he would have missed out too. That's the value of good first impressions folks.) A few years ago i felt that Wood could go that way as well. Last few weeks he has genuinely delivered on that talent and I'm thinking that again a bit.
Jy - 16 and 19. Very stiff to miss the final votes this week. Really deserves one.
Taz - 15 and 17. Same as Jy. Both these guys have really played well lately.
JPo and JPi - 7 and 8 and 6 and 8 votes respectively. Both played great footy. Pittard living up to his new nickname.
Higgo got 4 and 6 and probably deserved more cos he was bloody unreal. Overshadowed by the younger blokes and our massively high expectations of him I think. He is a gun.
LDU 1 and 2 votes and Goldy got 1. Both these guys could have had more votes too. This was such an even performance across the board. Players i thought were unreal, like Tarryn Thomas who worked so hard and Froggy who was everywhere, didn't get a look in this week. But its hard to fault that given how many good performances we saw.

I love the way the votes were so close. That's why it took so long. I checked and rechecked a couple of times to be sure. Then had to deal with Tefs votes, which ended up making very little difference to the result. I don't really want to see that again cos its a pita but it worked really well this week and I think was fair and accurate.

Originally we had Cam out in front by miles, then Cunners and then JZ and Browny were in equal third and Jed and mase in equal 5th. Tef's votes split Browny and JZ but as he himself admitted he probably dudded some of the guys he gave one vote to. JZ for example.:D So I'm leaving JZ and Browny in equal third place.

Which gives us this:

5 - Cam Zurhaar.
4 - Ben Cunnington.
3 - Ben Brown.
3 - Jack Ziebell.
1 - Jed Anderson.
1 - Mason Wood.

Last edited:
The leaderboard for Rhyce Shaw's first game:

Ben Cunnington - 31.
Shaun Atley - 20.
Jed Anderson - 16.