Unsolved Warren Meyer

Remove this Banner Ad

A very mysterious case, this one. He disappeared on March 23, 2008 when hiking in the Yarra Ranges and has never been seen since.

A popular theory is that he accidentally stumbled upon a marijuana crop and was killed by the growers. Certainly, him disappearing through 'natural' causes seem unlikely- the conditions were fine that day, the trail he was thought to be hiking is not considered hard, and he knew the area well.

Here's the most recent article: http://www.smh.com.au/national/miss...mbling-on-marijuana-crop-20150322-1m423j.html

I know someone who maintains his back windscreen mysteriously shattered when four wheel driving up in that area many years ago, too. The insinuation was that it was a warning gun shot to get out of there.

A very mysterious case, this one. He disappeared on March 23, 2008 when hiking in the Yarra Ranges and has never been seen since.

A popular theory is that he accidentally stumbled upon a marijuana crop and was killed by the growers. Certainly, him disappearing through 'natural' causes seem unlikely- the conditions were fine that day, the trail he was thought to be hiking is not considered hard, and he knew the area well.

Here's the most recent article: http://www.smh.com.au/national/miss...mbling-on-marijuana-crop-20150322-1m423j.html

I know someone who maintains his back windscreen mysteriously shattered when four wheel driving up in that area many years ago, too. The insinuation was that it was a warning gun shot to get out of there.

Thats pretty crazy. Could make a movie out of that just about.

I'm not surprised at all that there'd be marijuana crops growing up that way. We had properties at Narbethong and Buxton and someone that's very close to me had a crop growing in the backyard of our suburban Melbourne house (yes I know, idiot) that was higher than the fence (and was subsequently 'stolen') before he moved into the Buxton property for 6 or 7 years so who knows what went on up there. While it's bush it'd be pretty hard to disappear forever in that area. We used to go trail riding without maps and never came close to getting lost.

I should add that this was well before the disappearance of Warren Meyer.

Last edited:

Digging up an old one here, but there was article less than two weeks ago on this case:

Seems incredible that this wasn't followed up properly at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back