FTA-TV WatchAFL quality

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
What do other non-Oz residents think of the quality of the WatchAFL feed of AFL games.

In case you've forgotten WatchAFL is the name of the AFL broadcast site for people outside Australia. It's subscription only. I think the franchise to run the site is a bit of a football itself - seems to change every couple of years.

My experience is the live feeds work pretty well - almost as good as TV coverage. But this year I'm finding the replay content is unwatchable. It starts buffering after about 30 seconds.

Anyone else?

Haven't used it, but wouldn't be surprised.

Doesn't the AFL upload their YouTube videos at 360p?

WatchAFL will be again streaming footy internationally (legally via subscription) in 2018. They have two weeks grace before March to sign up with credit card and cancel if you don't like it (if you don't cancel they will take your money).

They will be live streaming all the Women's, JLT, AFLX and regular season matches live as well as have on demand replays and access to most of the Fox Footy shows (360, Bounce, League Teams, On the Couch, Open Mike etc.).

Most reports are that the streaming quality and service is now very good (but still the occasional glitches reported).

Link to access and sign up here.

I think it’s pretty good.

However anyone signed up thru their club and successfully received their 2018 voucher code?

Is this the best way to watch JLT when not having fox footy?

Last year it was pretty solid.

Without a laptop thia year hopefully i can mirror onto the tv from my phone with decwnt quality and buffering

First game of the season, and already, spinning disk and "video connection error". This on a very fast Fiber connection. I stream movies, other sports without the slightest problem, but WatchAFL CONSISTENTLY fails to deliver.

It's a service we pay for.

Shocking.

It's about the only thing the AFl does on which I have no complaints. It's tip-top, always. I use 3G or OK-ish wifi in central Africa at mid-bandwidth. Never a problem but I do tend to confound the locals when I'm jumping around like an idiot.

Yes, but was the same yesterday (Thursday) and they said they'd "been having problems".

How come it's only now that they're "having problems", they've been running this "service" for years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All over the place today. Some matches working, others not. Working in one browser, not another. Working on one device not another. Working through Matches, but not through Channel (or vice versa). But quality is poor, constant buffering etc. etc.

There's a feed on Twitter, plenty having the same problem, this isn't just me or my setup/connection.

Amateur, especially when they already knew on Thursday that there was a problem. 48 hours later and it's worse, not better.

My account was set to auto renew on the 23rd. As of 12 hours ago I was watching North/St Kilda. Had a friend over and they wanted to see what footy was about. My subscription never renewed, no money taken out of my account. So I figure no big deal I'll sign up again. It won't eveneven me do that. I click subscribe and nothing.

I'm a Gold Coast member with under 7 hours to go until we play and I have no subscription and can't sign up. I don't get what their problem is. How did it not auto renew? How did it work for a week after if it didn't auto renew? Hope they get this fixed before the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back