MVP Watching Internationally

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Good morning ladies and gents. I'm going to be in Cebu for our round 6 match for some business and was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere to catch the Port game. Now that is the easy one. I'm going to be in Boracay on pleasure for our round 7 match against richmond and I really want to see that game. I think by then we'll have a good level of fitness into players, it's a home game and I think we can really roll Richmond.

You can't go wrong with watchAfl.
There's cheaper ways but I've found this is the most reliable.

Of course you can try and source a pub.
Good morning ladies and gents. I'm going to be in Cebu for our round 6 match for some business and was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere to catch the Port game. Now that is the easy one. I'm going to be in Boracay on pleasure for our round 7 match against richmond and I really want to see that game. I think by then we'll have a good level of fitness into players, it's a home game and I think we can really roll Richmond.

No chance pubs in the Philippines would show the footy unless there's an Aussie expat owned pub but even then it's highly unlikely. Been ages since me and my family last been to Cebu and Boracay for a holiday. Try Kayo though since it's internet streaming?

Had WatchAFL for years when working FIFO overseas (pre-covid). Still have it now.

I won't pay for Foxtel, but the ability to rewatch any game since 2017 is worth its weight. Just seeing the sad faces at Fed Sq. on the 2018 PF is enough to bring sunshine to the cloudiest of days...it'll never get old. Ever.

This place shows AFL according to their FB.
Apparently they are showing all the games this round at least.
Check for a post with a schedule this week.

1649572916915.png

This place shows AFL according to their FB.
Apparently they are showing all the games this round at least.
Check for a post with a schedule this week.

View attachment 1368328

You have my respect and appreciation kind sir. I'll just have to make sure I don't take a girl with a sausage back to the hotel after.

You will need a vpn to watch Kayo overseas.
Even then it isn't guaranteed. I tried ExpressVPN with Kayo from Korea and it wouldn't work.

Looked into it a bit and apparently they are pretty good at figuring out who is accessing from a VPN.

You will need a vpn to watch Kayo overseas.
Even then I often got booted out. This was a few years ago. Sometimes the feed lasted 20 minutes or so, but never longer than that.

I was using NordVPN and their list of IP addresses are easily accessible so most likely Kayo/Foxtel just had a blacklist.

If you've got a work VPN that will most likely be successful. Depending on how strict your work's usage policy is it might be worth letting them know your intentions.

Even then I often got booted out. This was a few years ago. Sometimes the feed lasted 20 minutes or so, but never longer than that.

I was using NordVPN and their list of IP addresses are easily accessible so most likely Kayo/Foxtel just had a blacklist.

If you've got a work VPN that will most likely be successful. Depending on how strict your work's usage policy is it might be worth letting them know your intentions.
I'm not the OP.

I had a secure vpn but they don't last for Kayo.
I only tried to get Kayo for the cricket.

I use watchafl for the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reside overseas currently, if you want to watch AFL regularly then your only real choice is WatchAFL. If you watch alot of games then its worth it. Its $39 AUD or so basically per month. But if you only watch maybe 1 or 2 games then not as worthwhile of course. You can watch AFL 360 and other foxfooty shows and you can watch a replay of past games anytime you want. The major gripe I have with it is they never really improve or update anything with it. Max resolution is 720p which is ok, but really there should be 1080p, even 4K. But might take them until 2040 to upgrade to 1080p.

I reside overseas currently, if you want to watch AFL regularly then your only real choice is WatchAFL. If you watch alot of games then its worth it. Its $39 AUD or so basically per month. But if you only watch maybe 1 or 2 games then not as worthwhile of course. You can watch AFL 360 and other foxfooty shows and you can watch a replay of past games anytime you want. The major gripe I have with it is they never really improve or update anything with it. Max resolution is 720p which is ok, but really there should be 1080p, even 4K. But might take them until 2040 to upgrade to 1080p.
It's a fair bit cheaper than that if you go through a club.
I think mine was $180 per season going through West Coast.

Money well spent IMO.

this was my issue with it. It's been running at 720p for over a decade. the only thing that changed a few years ago was that it moved across to have the whole suite of fox footy (im pretty sure they deliver it too).

It's the same as my concern with Kayo. The team at Fox aren't super interested in creating a great product and the only competition they have is from themselves so there's no competitive tension to improve the product either.
The one thing they keep trying to improve is the foxtel box offering as it's their highest margin.

this was my issue with it. It's been running at 720p for over a decade. the only thing that changed a few years ago was that it moved across to have the whole suite of fox footy (im pretty sure they deliver it too).

It's the same as my concern with Kayo. The team at Fox aren't super interested in creating a great product and the only competition they have is from themselves so there's no competitive tension to improve the product either.
The one thing they keep trying to improve is the foxtel box offering as it's their highest margin.
I'm more than happy with the picture.
I'm just glad I can get it TBH.

I wish Cricket Australia had something similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back