Redgum

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo Footy Club
I'm sure you have all noticed the website has been revamped, looks like only 1/4 of the the information is on it from the previous site. Looks like all the other AFL clubs have the same set-up. Why did they go and change it ,I hope they will be adding to it because as it stands it's totally inadequate to what was there.

I'm sure you have all noticed the website has been revamped, looks like only 1/4 of the the information is on it from the previous site. Looks like all the other AFL clubs have the same set-up. Why did they go and change it ,I hope they will be adding to it because as it stands it's totally inadequate to what was there.

Simple.

The AFL demands such a high dollar value for brands to partner with them that the quality is compromised due to the partnering cost, it's not just the websites.

Look at apparel, fans are consistently paying a premium price for a poor quality product because of how much the apparel brands have to pay to be a partner.

Braodcasting, same thing. Channel 7 resisted moving to HD and have reduced the amount of cameras at games (thus reducing production costs).

This would be a way of Telstra reducing costs, simple as that.

i'd it was most likely done because some clubs had s**t websites and some had really good ones, which makes the brand inconsistent.

I'm kind of surprised i thought the clubs ran the website? Maybe they made a deal with the AFL took them over?

Look at apparel, fans are consistently paying a premium price for a poor quality product because of how much the apparel brands have to pay to be a partner.

tbh the quality and price of apparel has improved considerably in the last 10 years. Back in the day you'd be paying 80-90 for a jersey.

They have moved to a better platform (or at least faster), pretty sure they use the Adobe Content system. The clubs have access to the content management system so can create whatever content they want. The shops are run by another entity.

tbh the quality and price of apparel has improved considerably in the last 10 years. Back in the day you'd be paying 80-90 for a jersey.

Where are you buying your club merchandise?

i'd it was most likely done because some clubs had s**t websites and some had really good ones, which makes the brand inconsistent.

I'm kind of surprised i thought the clubs ran the website? Maybe they made a deal with the AFL took them over?

It's been a league wide deal for ages.

The website isn't complete rubbish imo. The disappointment though is that it isn't as good as the old one. Change for the sake of change isn't worth it.

What is missing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only difference between the 2019 home guernsey and the 2020 one is that the 2019 one has the 25th Anniversary logo on it. Much better deal in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back