Player Watch Lachlan Sholl

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone should tell him he's actually better on his left. He tried to swing onto his right today which is why he rushed that kick on goal
God that pissed me off. He took an extra second to straighten his body to kick on his right and ended up blowing the kick anyway.

Still I shouldn't complain. The kid is a gun.

It’s baffling how he’s never got back to that.
Copped a couple of injuries in 2010 and 2011, then beyond that we went into the Sando era that was all about contested ball and paid no attention to outside runners. We also hired Campo as midfield coach who had no clue how to incorporate outside players.

Still paying $10 to win it. Looking at the odds of those already nominated, his price will drop?

GROTTO ?

View attachment 1100863
IIRC this is basically a popularity contest for the winner, as I think its awarded by those in the media, ex footy players.

Which is why I think a Sydney player will probably get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gulden is more consistent so far. McDonald spudded it up in their most recent game.
Even against us he wasn't great, got on the end of a couple.

Don't get me wrong he's impressive, but the other nominee's are well ahead at this stage

Sholl and Gulden would have to be leading the race currently

Also would be shocked if Schoenberg doesn't get a nomination in the coming weeks

Class and execution under pressure.

When everyone else bombs high and long, its such a relief when he has the ball in hand. You know its going to a team mates advantage.

I don't rate stats, I rate impact. When a guy like Scholl who has extremely high impact also has high possessions, you can be pretty sure you're winning the game.

Spot on. This kid could become our Sam Mitchell. So tidy and damaging off both legs.

Did you forget about Mackay in 2009 and especially that Collingwood final? Not saying Sholl will go the same way but both had showed just as much at the same stage of their careers

1618225670039.png

Small sample size of 4 games but Sholl has Davids best season covered.

David in his entire career was never judged as the best two players on the ground, after 12 games Sholl has done it twice. Not sure how any one could think he isn't in front of Daves best let alone his first dozen games.

Early days but looking a bit Lachie Whitfield/Hugh McCluggage which is great

Feel like we have a more balanced midfield with him there

Other teams will notice which is the next stage for him

Early days but looking a bit Lachie Whitfield/Hugh McCluggage which is great

Feel like we have a more balanced midfield with him there

Other teams will notice which is the next stage for him

Yeah double RS Nom sounds great but it’s also a big target

Remove this Banner Ad

Back