Welcome New Posters - Drop in and say hi

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the welcome guys!
Yep black and white tellie it was in those days.
Was a problem when North played the Pies.....
Had to go with the colour of the shorts , no clash strip back in the day.

Had to go with the colour of the shorts , no clash strip back in the day.

Yeah, just look at the colour of the "Galloping Gasometer" (Nolan?) shorts at the first bounce and lock it in the mind for the rest of the day. What a contrast between Nolan and say Coxy!!!

Hi fellow Blues,

First time post from a long time Blues fan.
My father let me stay up and watch the replay of the 1970 GF when I was 7.
We lived in Tassie and had to wait for the replay to be shown in the evening. During the day dad turned the radio off so we would not hear the score. Back then I didn't really care who won but after that night I became a fan for life. Living in Tassie prevented me from seeing the Blues play live until a few decades later.

Now live in the Wild West and have seen a few of their games over here. First ever game was watching us thrash Richmond a few years ago. Warmed my heart.....

Something about me - played table tennis at national junior level, won a state rally championship as a navigator, competed in Rally Australia, raced my own Datto in the early '80s. My real claim to fame was finishing 36 in the footytips.com.au competition a couple of years ago out of ~400,000 punters.
Probably worth mentioning another claim to fame - sitting silently in the middle of the Hawthorn Cheer Squad in the early naughties with my brother in law who is an rabid Hawks fan. Endured the filthy looks when I couldn't bring myself to cheer....

Look forward to participating in some of the discussions now and again.

Marc

Welcome aboard!

I am 42 years old.
Married
Have 3 ferals, 8 (girl), 7 (boy), 3 (girl) ... kids (typo).

Born: Blacktown Hospital Shitney
Lived: Creswick, Ballarat, Geelong, Melbourne ......... Now Kalgoorlie WA

Love: Spending time with Family, 4x4, Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Footy (AFL + League (Go Storm!!!))

Things that suck : Essendon drug cheats that will probably get away with it via .... insert shredder here ... (no records), Again the drug cheats not getting the same sanctions we did in 95!!!!, terrorism coming to aussie shores, no worthwhile political system to vote a decent candidate in (even when we do vote the party assassinates the leader (both parties to blame here)), remembering the glory days when mum and dad would drive from Ballarat to watch Carlton games and we would win :(

Things to look forward to : A way forward for the club I have support both with dollars and mental state for the last 37 years. (yes dad got me first jumper at 5). BTW I had a duffle coat and Jumper with the mighty 11 on it. (Still got it now) Go the flying doormat! (BTW I was there when the doormat won the Norm Smith) :)

Things I hate: The Carlton board for thinking that they are somehow above the average punter that puts their hard earned up every week to go and watch. This is for you | ..I.. | If you don't know what that is .... make a fist ......take your middle finger and point it towards the ground ...... then when someone says they cant hear you ....... you just turn it up.

I''ll edit more later I need to eat/sleep for nightshift.

Cheers Grogs

I am 42 years old.
Married
Have 3 ferals, 8 (girl), 7 (boy), 3 (girl) ... kids (typo).

Born: Blacktown Hospital Shitney
Lived: Creswick, Ballarat, Geelong, Melbourne ......... Now Kalgoorlie WA

Love: Spending time with Family, 4x4, Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Footy (AFL + League (Go Storm!!!))

Things that suck : Essendon drug cheats that will probably get away with it via .... insert shredder here ... (no records), Again the drug cheats not getting the same sanctions we did in 95!!!!, terrorism coming to aussie shores, no worthwhile political system to vote a decent candidate in (even when we do vote the party assassinates the leader (both parties to blame here)), remembering the glory days when mum and dad would drive from Ballarat to watch Carlton games and we would win :(

Things to look forward to : A way forward for the club I have support both with dollars and mental state for the last 37 years. (yes dad got me first jumper at 5). BTW I had a duffle coat and Jumper with the mighty 11 on it. (Still got it now) Go the flying doormat! (BTW I was there when the doormat won the Norm Smith) :)

Things I hate: The Carlton board for thinking that they are somehow above the average punter that puts their hard earned up every week to go and watch. This is for you | ..I.. | If you don't know what that is .... make a fist ......take your middle finger and point it towards the ground ...... then when someone says they cant hear you ....... you just turn it up.

I''ll edit more later I need to eat/sleep for nightshift.

Cheers Grogs

Welcome to the BF family :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, I'm 22 been lurking on these boards for like 2-3 years just to get some training reports and the like.
In Thailand atm so I got a heap of spare te on my hands, have posted here and there over the past few months or so but never really contributed much.
My likes would be the blue boys obviously, I do like a good boogie, a night out, playing futsal (don't play footy since I had my spleen torn in half but that's another story haha) and Aaron Joseph.
My dislikes would be essendon and that was before the whole asada thing, probably because Fletcher was able to run down garlett in that drawn game a little while back.:mad:

Hey, I'm 22 been lurking on these boards for like 2-3 years just to get some training reports and the like.
In Thailand atm so I got a heap of spare te on my hands, have posted here and there over the past few months or so but never really contributed much.
My likes would be the blue boys obviously, I do like a good boogie, a night out, playing futsal (don't play footy since I had my spleen torn in half but that's another story haha) and Aaron Joseph.
My dislikes would be essendon and that was before the whole asada thing, probably because Fletcher was able to run down garlett in that drawn game a little while back.:mad:

Welcome aboard Masqualero!!

Clear memories watching through the bathroom window in Heathmont, my dad hanging off the play-gym in the back-yard as Carlton sank further and further behind in the 1970GF. The second half was like watching a grown man learning to walk. Also, welcome rookie posters.

Clear memories watching through the bathroom window in Heathmont, my dad hanging off the play-gym in the back-yard as Carlton sank further and further behind in the 1970GF. The second half was like watching a grown man learning to walk. Also, welcome rookie posters.
Wut?

I think Thy has finally lost it.
He did well to hang on this long.
This implies that he had "it" at some stage. Pretty long bow to draw.

Hi I wouldn't really call myself a Carlton supporter but my father is a lifelong Blues fan and we tend to watch games together, and I hope they do well. Great win over Collingwood and it'll be really exciting to see how this list builds over the coming years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back