Player Watch Jordon Butts - Contract Extension to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

What is going on with this guy?

In and out of the side every week and looks like late-career Talia out there. He's only 24 but looks like a "before" shot in promotional material for a physio.

He just hasn't kicked on, and moves like he has a debilitating back problem.

What is going on with this guy?

In and out of the side every week and looks like late-career Talia out there. He's only 24 but looks like a "before" shot in promotional material for a physio.

He just hasn't kicked on, and moves like he has a debilitating back problem.
Has rarely been fully fit over past 2 seasons.

Given the shortage of key defenders in the AFL, I would be looking to trade him this year.

We have Murray, Keane & Worrell ahead of him... & Borlase can fill in as needed.

Was very good in 2022. Has only been average since then. Always looks sore and has trouble keeping the hair out of his eyes. Not much difference between he and Borlase now. Definitely a player worth having on the list, but hopefully he gets his body right and sharpens up to be the player he was looking like being 2 years ago.

Has rarely been fully fit over past 2 seasons.

Given the shortage of key defenders in the AFL, I would be looking to trade him this year.

We have Murray, Keane & Worrell ahead of him... & Borlase can fill in as needed.
Last year Murray showed that he was our best defender. This year, Keane has improved dramatically. I think that Butts has realised this, as he is possibly our best defensive negater, but lacks offence that the aforementioned provide. He has tried to play more attacking, but it does not come natural to him and makes him look a bit silly. Good on him for trying, but I would say that he is not a regular 22 player when Murray returns.

I'd take that and run. He has served a role but is not much better than Borlase and much more injury prone, and with Keane coming on and Murray due back soon, Worrell capable of playing tall and Curtin in the reserves, we don't need Butts.

Curtin is not a KPD.

That is what the guys who brought us 1-5 when we were embracing the expectation of finals think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curtin is not a KPD.

That is what the guys who brought us 1-5 when we were embracing the expectation of finals think

I agree, but with Murray and Keane in the side Butts wouldn't be playing as a KPD anyway. He would just be another tall defender, a role which Curtin could fill in even if Borlase became unavailable.

In any event, the point is that we don't need him, so if we can get something for him, take it. Personally I strongly doubt we will get any significant offer for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back