Toast Welcome to Carlton Kristian Jaksch & Mark Whiley!

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally had a chance to have a look at the highlights of KJ and Whiley

KJ - Can play either end, great kick and a great pair of hands - tick
Whiley - Hard at it, good at the clearances, and can tackle - tick

Great effort from our footy club to get these boys in the door.

Finally had a chance to have a look at the highlights of KJ and Whiley

KJ - Can play either end, great kick and a great pair of hands - tick
Whiley - Hard at it, good at the clearances, and can tackle - tick

Great effort from our footy club to get these boys in the door.
Whiley also seem like he's hard to tackle down, keeps his feet to extract the pill.

Really liking both of these guys from their highlights!
Stoked to have them on board

Whiley seems very fyfe-esque, attacks the footy, tackles with the intent to hurt.

Jaksch another good swing man option with great hands, that'll be an asset in defence.

Bring on 2015!

Amazing how so many Whiley haters are joining the bandwagon after seeing a short video clip. The kid will give it his all and anything he lacks in skill (which is pretty decent I might add) he will make up through workrate. Love his tackling. He looks like he enjoys tackling and this is something we really have lacked in recent years. Excited by the prospect of him and Cripps physically dominating opponents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep he sure will. On ball brigade of
Murphy
Gibbs
Thomas
Cripps
Whiley
Graham
Juddy (for one more year)
Curnow
Menzel
Cockatoo ?

could be very very good.

They don't come much slower!

Nothing moves faster than the ball though, so we'll be ok!

I think the great thing about where our list is heading is that we have versatility which will allow us to push Buckley, Docherty, Tuohy, Yarran types onto the wing to add some outside run and carry and polish. Not all doom and gloom for speed but we have been found out in the last because of injuries and lack of depth meaning we've had to play those guys in other positions.
Plus, if we draft some speed we will start to get the balance spot on with our list. I look at the Hawks and I don't see a particularly fast midfield, with the exception of Hill and Smith.

I think the great thing about where our list is heading is that we have versatility which will allow us to push Buckley, Docherty, Tuohy, Yarran types onto the wing to add some outside run and carry and polish. Not all doom and gloom for speed but we have been found out in the last because of injuries and lack of depth meaning we've had to play those guys in other positions.
Plus, if we draft some speed we will start to get the balance spot on with our list. I look at the Hawks and I don't see a particularly fast midfield, with the exception of Hill and Smith.

I agree .. Smith and Hill are exceptional runners - speed and endurance - and good ball users .. Hopefully we can find equivalents. I really rate Hill.

Normally critical of our trades (thanks to the bad days) but very happy with our recruiting of KJ. Really felt we won this one- think GWS were focussing too much on Griffen/Boyd and/or the No 1 pick. Another talented swingwan with good hands and good presence. As has been said, GWS gave him a year of defensive development for our benefit. Now we just need Watto to make FF his own.

Whiley may be steaknives but he is Medhurst steaknives, probably even better. With Carrots retiring soon and Brock on the slide (possibly also retiring) there is a definite gap for Whiley's type and I look forward to what he can bring.

The way I see this trade is there is no way we can lose.

We would have picked up a young KPP with pick 7 anyway, but we have managed to get that in Jaksch and got Whiley thrown in as steak knives, oh and we kept a pick in the top 20!

Awesome job Carlton!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back