Senior 24. Nic Newman

Remove this Banner Ad

I like him and think at worst he adds depth and helps cover for the loss of Byrne.

Just to play Devi's advocate, does anyone see him actually breaking into our best 22 barring an injury crisis?

Seems like Aaron Mullet all over again. But this time we paid more.

Absolutely, think he’s twice the player mullet is and starts round one

Grumpy Frumpy?
I take it you are not a motivational speaker G-Frumpy?

Probably was yesterday. But we can recruit who we want, until we get our development right it doesn't mean s**t. Too many players get worse at Carlton than get better - im hoping these last couple of years have changed but will wait and see

Seriously I thought I was responsible for the crash and then I just did what everyone else does. I blamed the Russians.
I reckon the Australian government - seeking a productivity boost in October

Probably was yesterday. But we can recruit who we want, until we get our development right it doesn't mean s**t. Too many players get worse at Carlton than get better - im hoping these last couple of years have changed but will wait and see

No doubt in the past, our development was appalling, hard to get a gauge on it just yet, but there are many examples of players, improving, such as a Jones. it is difficult to judge the rise of a player like Cripps, is it natural talent or development, yet either way, he hasn't regressed

Question for those that may know. Has Newman played midfield minutes before for the Swans and is he a chance to join the rotation for us?

I know he can accumulate the ball in good numbers and was a quality supercoach cash cow a couple of years ago, but I have only seen small amounts of him playing as the Swans bore me to tears.

Question for those that may know. Has Newman played midfield minutes before for the Swans and is he a chance to join the rotation for us?

I know he can accumulate the ball in good numbers and was a quality supercoach cash cow a couple of years ago, but I have only seen small amounts of him playing as the Swans bore me to tears.

Not sure about Newman in the guts, but he can certainly push up on to a wing, which I suspect we'll see a fair bit of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe take the blinkers off. Byrne is gone. Byrne was handy with potential but he made a lot of mistakes also. Like most of the Irish players he had flaws that were likely to always be there. Newman I dont know much about but he made a grandfinal in a perennially strong team and that is the real benchmark.
When did he make a GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back