Past Rhys Palmer

Remove this Banner Ad

No problems with this trade, welcome Rhys.

Handy footballer who provides some experience and a big body who can play a role both in the midfield and up forward.

Didn't see much game time at the Giants this year but was right on the cusp and should feature regularly at senior level for us over the next few years.

At 28 he could easily have 3-4 years left in him.

Very much a salary dump for the Giants which allowed us to bring Marchbank and Pickett in a little cheaper than we perhaps otherwise would have. For pick 135 there can be no complaints.

We need more midfield depth and here it is. Was a pick 7 and we get him for nothing as a salary cap dump by GWS as they threw money at him to make the move. Probably on lower money at back end of contract. GWS went after him when they first started up but eventually finds himself behind their young midfield talent once they matured which is to be expected. He's no slouch and now we hold onto Gibbs he will strengthen our midfield depth.

Palmer will at least win the BnF for the Northern Blues if nothing else.

I've wanted to bolster our reserves side. So it's a win for pick #135

Don't be surprised should he be starting 22 next year.
Wouldn't get much of a look-in with the strong GWS mid-field, but could be good support for Gibbs & Cripps next year.

Oh.....and welcome Rhys. :thumbsu:

Pending some disaster, I have almost no doubt about that. While some have issues with his disposal at times or some supposed off-field characteristics (good luck getting up to no good under Bolts), he can certainly play.

Nice pick up for the price.

He will be settled up forward I reckon and rotate through the middle when our guns are off the ground.

He will be more than handy up forward I reckon and will surprise a few people.

Nice pick up for the price.

He will be settled up forward I reckon and rotate through the middle when our guns are off the ground.

He will be more than handy up forward I reckon and will surprise a few people.
Agreed, i think he will surprise a few. Got him for bugger all and will surely be an upgrade come selection time on some of our present "depth" players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Palmer was potentially a salary cap dump from GWS so we could get Marchbank and Pickett on the cheap.

He was a dump alright ......... :oops:

Here's his profile pic :

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,A_R95I8Iwp9DE2YtycW3IV1cI2qeHI1DCyZOMewbhM9I71-2wxihSOiBBvmQh1vmW7KKz0sSlJPMwq9pDAZci-OVwgsZzmiic9PweYfV5qzmPJRZTTEGd5y510dG-Tc7339wydnccLenz7aXVpBiNtSr-Z7MZ9fDWngKXq1XEKwy3oLtNrz6MTo-fL7hoBvVwP0RbLyXYB2tv_safWJMqfih9383SDeiRA

Lol it's actually a little rude how the club has got 'New Blue' highlight videos for Smedts, Pickett & Marchbank but not Palmer.

The article welcoming Palmer was also very clearly shorter and less enthusiastic.

Wouldn't get much of a look-in with the strong GWS mid-field, but could be good support for Gibbs & Cripps next year.

Oh.....and welcome Rhys. :thumbsu:

Agreed. The NEAFL also is not a great place to develop players either. No wonder he stagnated.

Very Good leader from what has been said.
something we need from loss of walker and Jamo.
regardless of where he plays cost nothing but salary cap space that we need to fill.

Welcome Palmer

Fills a place on our list while we're rebuilding, so not a big drama that we brought him in. Handy around goals and an elite runner so I'd see him fighting for a spot with Kerridge, Armfield, Boeky or Buckley

At the very worst he will provide some grunt to the northern blues midfield which suffered this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back