Player Watch Henry Schade (Delisted 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually yes there was a link and it's still there on Vicky Park's original post.
Sorry I missed that however it should be pointed out that I have since read the article yet all the crap posts came pouring in.
Is anyone even interesting in quoting or commenting on the article anyway? Haven't seen anyone that seems to be too interested in the article on Schade they would just rather keep nit picking.

I would like to see Howe moved in to the forward line.

That will only happen TG if someone else steps up........unfortunately the cupboard is pretty bare but IMO that is Howes best position. I hope he backs it up in 2017.

After i asked if was added but thanks for being the hero of the day.
You're really going to lie about what a mod posted? I clicked the link she provided about two minutes after she posted it. Well before you asked her to post it.

That will only happen TG if someone else steps up........unfortunately the cupboard is pretty bare but IMO that is Howes best position. I hope he backs it up in 2017.
I think Moore needs help so if Howe can go forward with Mayne it would be a huge help given we have lost Cloke.

A lot of changing positions relies on Reid playing defence all year and Moore playing forward. They are our two most important rocks in the team. We lose either of them from defence or Forward at any point during the year and we become shakey.

I think Moore needs help so if Howe can go forward with Mayne it would be a huge help given we have lost Cloke.

As long as Moore is not made our focal point (he is too young) then I think we (he) will be OK up forward.

Let Moore grow into the position......he will play a huge part in our next Premiership......just not in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as Moore is not made our focal point (he is too young) then I think we (he) will be OK up forward.

Let Moore grow into the position......he will play a huge part in our next Premiership......just not in 2017.
Unfortunately I think Moore is going to be made the focal point by what we've done with Cloke.

To be fair to TG, he did admit (higher up this page) that the link was up but he missed it. Accessing articles on a phone must be much more difficult than on a computer. I never have a problem accessing an Age article, and have learned what has to be done with articles from the HUN and Australian. TG, if you are going to be controversial, you have to learn to step out of the spotlight on more mundane matters, such as following (and seeing) a link. You are handing ammunition to your detractors by claiming links don't exist when they do or can't be accessed when they can. Sharpen your research skills and eyesight.

Unfortunately I think Moore is going to be made the focal point by what we've done with Cloke.

I don't think so Goldy......I think we will be unpredictable up forward and to be honest I like the spread we have in 2017.

Interesting to see see how it gels.

Did we? In the last yrs Cloke was a focal point for the media only, meanwhile our fwd line was set up to be less dependent on him. Plans unfortunately didn't survive reality last year but the injuries to Elliott and Swan, made Cloke looked more important then he really was. And how important that was, we found out at the end of the trade period

How much Moore and Reid will be focal points are interesting questions. Whilst theres no problem expecting or demanding AA form from Reid (injury permitting) its a bit unfair on Moore to be expecting too much too soon. Mayne may prove to be more valuable than we all expect, with his defensive pressure he may well pave the way for Moore to continue to develop by knocking people over, laying tackles, taking the odd contested mark, and generally keeping the ball in the forward line. Elliott and Fasolo fully fit will help too, as might Hoskin Elliot and Broomhead.

Sorry I missed that however it should be pointed out that I have since read the article yet all the crap posts came pouring in.
Is anyone even interesting in quoting or commenting on the article anyway? Haven't seen anyone that seems to be too interested in the article on Schade they would just rather keep nit picking.

The article is a fluff piece that tells us a bit about his childhood and his family. Nothing to see really except some background information.

So no, not much interest in commenting on the article. More interested in seeing you lie about a minor matter in spite of the evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:
A lot of changing positions relies on Reid playing defence all year and Moore playing forward. They are our two most important rocks in the team. We lose either of them from defence or Forward at any point during the year and we become shakey.
Our two important rocks are a youngster and injury prone player. Why I was against letting go Cloke and Brown.

Our two important rocks are a youngster and injury prone player. Why I was against letting go Cloke and Brown.

Browns only played 9 more career games more than Reid after being drafted in the same year. Rumours of Reid being injury prone are exaggerated. Basically had two bad years in 2014-15. Brown is no less an injury risk and has half the talent Reid has.

As for Cloke, hes cooked. The game has passed him by

Whilst we didnt replace these guys with noted superstars (perhaps keeping our powder dry for the 2017 trade season) it was still the right call to let them go. I would have been happy to keep Brown but not on the terms that StKilda offered him. You dont pay overs to keep a player that wants out anyway, not unless hes a gun.

Browns only played 9 more career games more than Reid after being drafted in the same year. Rumours of Reid being injury prone are exaggerated. Basically had two bad years in 2014-15. Brown is no less an injury risk and has half the talent Reid has.

Whilst we didnt replace these guys with noted superstars (perhaps keeping our powder dry for the 2017 trade season) it was still the right call to let them go. I would have been happy to keep Brown but not on the terms that StKilda offered him. You dont pay overs to keep a player that wants out anyway, not unless hes a gun.

Bookmarked the bolded part above Timmy just for shits and giggles!

Never said Brown wasn't injury prone.

I dissagree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back