Player Watch Henry Schade (Delisted 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit odd that Gold Coast delisted him and even weirder he probably would have gone undrafted if not for us... based on his past two seasons you'd think he would easily make gold coasts list as a key defender

Desperately needs to put weight on, 81kg for a 23 year old Key Defender is a problem.

Bit odd that Gold Coast delisted him and even weirder he probably would have gone undrafted if not for us... based on his past two seasons you'd think he would easily make gold coasts list as a key defender

Desperately needs to put weight on, 81kg for a 23 year old Key Defender is a problem.
To be honest I can't believe we weren't talking about him on bigfooty. X Richards was brought up in discussions but this guy wasn't mentioned and I'm talking about us grabbing a defender was a bit of experience.

Schade will be better than Keeffe IMO.

Hey TG, I'm picking up some positive vibes from you about our newbies. What are your thoughts on our draftees and rookies? This is probably not the thread for an overall assessment, but you seem happy about some of these guys.

He was our unofficial present from GCS as part of the Witts deal;)

I believe that GCS were going to rookie him but we beat them to it.

GC delisted him on the promise that they'd rookie him as he was still contracted. Then either 1 of 2 things happened. We beat GC to the punch, or he asked GC to let him go to us.

Either way we make out like bandits, because we're paying him a rookie wage and GC have to cover the rest of his contract :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll never forgive him. I'm more interested in seeing someone like Schade develop down back for us.

I'm sure he doesn't care one way or the other if you forgive him. The club and the vast majority of supporters have.

Dunn and keeffe will be first in line to play alongside Reid. Mclarty being on the senior list is next in line. Schades responsibility is to play well in the VFL and earn a promotion in 2018.

I was of the impression Keeffe had been elevated already.
Yes he has, along with Smith.
However we still have 5 Cat A rookies & 1 Cat B rookie.
We can nominate one of our 5 Cat A rookies for upgrade prior to season start.
So one of Thomas, McCarthy, Schade, Mackie or Lynch can be upgraded.

Reid is an automatic for obvious reasons. Dunn you would think would need to do lots wrong in preseason not to be an initial starter in your 22. Keefe is an interesting one as he been out of the system for 2 years, but I would still put as more likely to be in the starting 22. Mclarty should not be considered for the 22 in 2017 unless a lot goes wrong. Purely based on that fact while he may have weight he would seriously lack strength that only come from years in the gymnasium. Schade in theory is first in line assuming he does what Buckley requires and is elevated to the senior list.

And based on that list you would think that Schade starts the pre season in front of all other rookies.

I'm pretty sure that the rookie elevation will be Cox. Schade's best bet is LTI or mid year elevation.

I'm pretty sure that the rookie elevation will be Cox. Schade's best bet is LTI or mid year elevation.
Yeah I reckon your call is the most logical scenario. From a far Cox was a ripper for the Pies in his first year.

I'm sure he doesn't care one way or the other if you forgive him. The club and the vast majority of supporters have.

Dunn and keeffe will be first in line to play alongside Reid. Mclarty being on the senior list is next in line. Schades responsibility is to play well in the VFL and earn a promotion in 2018.

As we've seen over time, a rookie is essentially on the same footing as a senior listed player IF there is capacity to promote.

Josh Smith playing over Sier, Toovey, Caff and Goodyear last year must be mystifying to you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back