Player Watch Jakob Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

This video was posted on the AFL website two months ago and the some of the full champs games were there as well. Had no idea why you were banging on about him being some safe, stagnant defensive player, he's not that at all. He's a run and carry player within attacking mindset, we wouldn't have got him otherwise I suspect.

Because there were 2 other videos posted of him that were nothing like that which I happened to see first didn't bother with a 3rd till after he was drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt all recruiters have a type of player they like and keep returning to the latest reincarnation of them in any one draft.

From the highlights of Ryan I see a bit of Scharenberg, a bit of Langdon and while I don't think he'll ever be sitting on heads like Howe, Howe himself would have elements of his game reminiscent of those mentioned.

I have no doubt all recruiters have a type of player they like and keep returning to the latest reincarnation of them in any one draft.

From the highlights of Ryan I see a bit of Scharenberg, a bit of Langdon and while I don't think he'll ever be sitting on heads like Howe, Howe himself would have elements of his game reminiscent of those mentioned.
Not to mention, before he has even set food on Victorian soil, a 'big upgrade on Henry' from someone. I have already put him down to debut round 1, force Howe out of the side by mid year, and play a minimum uninterrupted 300 games for us.

I like the look of all three recruits. They all seem more likely to play in 2023 than some of our speculative, or raw recruits of the past.

Jakob in particular, I think will get plenty of games in 2023. Looks like a good addition to our 2023 premiership lineup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back