Player Watch Jakob Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to this SEN interview with him, he said his time trial before drafted was 6:16, no wonder he did pretty well in the beep test

Living with McStay atm, but is planning on living with a host family

Funny that he is living with McStay.

Only because there was one passage of play at training where Jakob was backing back, then McStay came in like a freight train and bumped him out of the way to mark and goal. Winded the kid, and nothing malicious, but it showed just how much Daniel likes to assert himself as a bullocking forward, with a ‘not around here / welcome to the big leagues’ cherry for the new youngster. Good bravery by Jakob also.

It’s a great culture atm with players going v hard at training, then getting straight up and patting each other on the back and offering support to any wounded soldiers.

Funny that he is living with McStay.

Only because there was one passage of play at training where Jakob was backing back, then McStay came in like a freight train and bumped him out of the way to mark and goal. Winded the kid, and nothing malicious, but it showed just how much Daniel likes to assert himself as a bullocking forward, with a ‘not around here / welcome to the big leagues’ cherry for the new youngster. Good bravery by Jakob also.

It’s a great culture atm with players going v hard at training, then getting straight up and patting each other on the back and offering support to any wounded soldiers.
Just giving the kid a lesson haha. Speaking of McStay, you can tell how competitive he is; there was this one 1-1 contest with Mihocek, they were body to body, neither got the ball and fell the ground. McStay was pretty angry at himself, thumped the ground like he knew he should have done better.

I've heard that the club is very impressed by Ryan and he's a very real contender to play round one. His fitness has really surprised a number of staff and his competitiveness and drive in pre-season is building a case. Out of all our draftees, Ryan seems the most likely to play round one; Richards doesn't quite have the fitness and Allan is still relatively raw.

I've heard that the club is very impressed by Ryan and he's a very real contender to play round one. His fitness has really surprised a number of staff and his competitiveness and drive in pre-season is building a case. Out of all our draftees, Ryan seems the most likely to play round one; Richards doesn't quite have the fitness and Allan is still relatively raw.
I would agree with that. He has impressed me the most. His fitness is insane. Isn't a stick either, so I reckon he has the body to impact.

Now we're seeing why he was being considered for our 1st round pick.
With that mullet, he'll soon be another cult figure!

I would agree with that. He has impressed me the most. His fitness is insane. Isn't a stick either, so I reckon he has the body to impact.

Must put some Muscle on as I watching his Highlights I thought he looked on the Thin Side

7News had a segment featuring Cox and he was speaking quite highly of him. The journalist mentioned that some believed he would slot into the AFL side. Could he be a Rising Star smokey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes sense why they delisted Poulter. He's essentially the same player but fitter, taller and stronger.
Think they delisted Poulter because he wasnt good enough not because we were getting someone else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back