Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Conor Nash. Extends to 2024!

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved what Nash brings to the team structure. Said it before and will say it again a big reason why we don’t bullied in the midfield anymore and then when Meek went off today to have his injury attended to while still keeping Chol forward ……. because of his height and size he was rucking and did a great job. His versatility is huge!

Loved what Nash brings to the team structure. Said it before and will say it again a big reason why we don’t bullied in the midfield anymore and then when Meek went off today to have his injury attended to while still keeping Chol forward ……. because of his height and size he was rucking and did a great job. His versatility is huge!
No. Only 14 disposals, deserves to be dropped

That is how it normally goes around here when he has a low disposal game

He bravely held down the fort in the third quarter (against a man mountain!) for Meek to get up and then put the clamps on Neale in the last.
Certainly is now more competetive when asked to relief ruck. He was a fish out of water and so ineffective in rucking early days but now at least he makes more of a nuisance of himself. If he can learn how to push and shove Blicavs style and get away with it and blunt the opposition ruck, we have a nice fall back that can be utilised.

Possibly not, at this stage, developing into the absolute beast we thought he might, more of a quiet achiever, an excellent role player, a solid cog in an even midfield.

Nash is as important to our structure and function as an elite KPP.
I really hope we don't lose him.
He has said several times he is not going anywhere.

Started slowly this season but I think Nash has been immense since our resurgence.

I would be intrigued to see where he sits in the Crimmins. Does a mountian of work. Gets the hard match ups. Coaches and teammates must love him. Skills seem to have improved as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

start of the last quarter against Richmond, Will Day gets the clearance. Nash with the deftest of left foot taps to get it to him; don't know if he gets a stat for it. I see your skills, big Conor!

View attachment 2022519View attachment 2022522

Play of the day, that. Absolutely brilliant and intuitive stuff. I reckon I've seen Nash do something similar a few times over the last two years.

Possibly not, at this stage, developing into the absolute beast we thought he might, more of a quiet achiever, an excellent role player, a solid cog in an even midfield.
Still early with Nash. Only 87 games and this is just his third season as a regular. Nash has shown steady progress wi. h his kicking and more recently marking. Even his ruck work has improved. I reckon we could have a better idea this time next year whether he is a quiet achiever and role player or something more.

Still early with Nash. Only 87 games and this is just his third season as a regular. Nash has shown steady progress wi. h his kicking and more recently marking. Even his ruck work has improved. I reckon we could have a better idea this time next year whether he is a quiet achiever and role player or something more.
His outlet marking through the middle of the ground has been really impressive. Starting to learn to use his much bigger frame against the guys who are 10cm shorter than him. Still has another level to go to. BUT, while that will be great, I'd prefer to have Day and Jai getting the kicks, and him to keep doing what he's doing with the blocking, taps, tagging, but even better,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back