Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

What part of it's not a good look don't you get? I'm all for people laughing but if you are in charge of something and things are going pear-shaped you don't do it in public knowing cameras are around you.
Of all the things to get upset about regarding our season this is probably the least upsetting thing to worry about.

Can Yze coach? I'm not sure. I thought the same about Dimma, even six or so years in. And it wasn't until the club got the right people around him (and of course having a generational player and some great leaders, all hungry for success, in the side didn't hurt) that things started to really happen for us. If we don't get better people around Yze, I would suggest he won't be around long enough for us to find out.
It's always been a matter of getting things off field right first, and the rest should follow suit. Peggy having to depart, Benny just waiting for Tassie to get the nod before he left, Balmey being told his time is up, the lack of funding for the footy department, short sightedness from the people in charge of our list & selections, and the departure of some key coaching support personnel, has all led us to the perfect storm.
Tough times ahead.
Yze is going to have to be an outstanding coach.

Saints don’t have a single injured best-23 player. Not one. They have 2 injuries, to Arie Schoenmakers and James Van Es. We have 10 best-23 out and 18 on our injury list.

I think the Saints supporters are way way more despondent than a supporter base who has seen three flags in the last 8-years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Only just now they don’t.. they had a bunch of their best out for weeks tho

I praised the way we were playing a few weeks ago, even though we were losing he had us playing with spirit and a decent system...not anymore.
No doubt the players have to take some of the blame, but hopefully this is just a learning curve and he can quickly get us back to being competitive again.

I praised the way we were playing a few weeks ago, even though we were losing he had us playing with spirit and a decent system...not anymore.
No doubt the players have to take some of the blame, but hopefully this is just a learning curve and he can quickly get us back to being competitive again.
Surely our list of injuries and inexperienced kids would change things up abit. He will be fine.

Can Yze coach? I'm not sure. I thought the same about Dimma, even six or so years in. And it wasn't until the club got the right people around him (and of course having a generational player and some great leaders, all hungry for success, in the side didn't hurt) that things started to really happen for us. If we don't get better people around Yze, I would suggest he won't be around long enough for us to find out.
It's always been a matter of getting things off field right first, and the rest should follow suit. Peggy having to depart, Benny just waiting for Tassie to get the nod before he left, Balmey being told his time is up, the lack of funding for the footy department, short sightedness from the people in charge of our list & selections, and the departure of some key coaching support personnel, has all led us to the perfect storm.
Tough times ahead.
Yze is going to have to be an outstanding coach.
I think Yze can coach, but he currently has the worst available list in the AFL of players at the moment to choose from. Not only that, but with multiple forced changes each week, the team he does have is constantly disrupted so he can't even get the best out of a bad situation.

I saw enough in the early parts of the season that show me he can coach, but adversity has just built and built and built at the list is now at breaking point, we can't cope hence we're copping 100 point losses and Yze doesn't have the answer yet.

However, with a full list, we wouldn't be anywhere near this position, so I'd like to back my judgement that he can coach and revisit that view next year.

I think Yze can coach, but he currently has the worst available list in the AFL of players at the moment to choose from. Not only that, but with multiple forced changes each week, the team he does have is constantly disrupted so he can't even get the best out of a bad situation.

I saw enough in the early parts of the season that show me he can coach, but adversity has just built and built and built at the list is now at breaking point, we can't cope hence we're copping 100 point losses and Yze doesn't have the answer yet.

However, with a full list, we wouldn't be anywhere near this position, so I'd like to back my judgement that he can coach and revisit that view next year.
Need more posts like this, wish everyone else can see it as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy to see him coaching from the bench. Worked wonders
I think i remember reading earlier in the season he was only staying in the box until he had spent some time with his assistants up stairs to make sure they were on the same page as him as well but always planned moving down to the boundary once he was happy

I think i remember reading earlier in the season he was only staying in the box until he had spent some time with his assistants up stairs to make sure they were on the same page as him as well
Wouldn’t surprise me. I rate him highly and think he will do good things. Ask Melbourne supporters and many would trade him for Goodwin

Say it again the club needs to spend the cash and get the best around Yze just like we did with Dimma in 2017. Better assistant coaches, fitness and medical, recruitment team etc.

There is a good coach there , the top 2 sides in the competition one we won and won we lost by 2 goals. Alot of kids improving under him just from simple reason of playing them in there natural position and backing them. What I like to yesterday he was adaptable to change coaching from the bench and moving a few players where we needed them.

Say it again the club needs to spend the cash and get the best around Yze just like we did with Dimma in 2017. Better assistant coaches, fitness and medical, recruitment team etc.

There is a good coach there , the top 2 sides in the competition one we won and won we lost by 2 goals. Alot of kids improving under him just from simple reason of playing them in there natural position and backing them. What I like to yesterday he was adaptable to change coaching from the bench and moving a few players where we needed them.
Essendon are not the #2 side this year, and no ladder will convince me.

I'm impressed by Yze's lack of reactivity given the circumstances. He has always been calm and positive but realistic, presents himself in a way that shows he understands sports psychology. These are the times you build a team's culture, and I'm liking the consistency of what I'm seeing.
Dimma always threw the magnets around heavily in-game if things weren't going away (and continues to do this at the Suns).

That style of aggressive match-day coaching is great when you're competing for flags, but I think could be detrimental to the development of young players, so I'm glad Yze has chosen to be a bit more conservative in that respect.

Dimma always threw the magnets around heavily in-game if things weren't going away (and continues to do this at the Suns).

That style of aggressive match-day coaching is great when you're competing for flags, but I think could be detrimental to the development of young players, so I'm glad Yze has chosen to be a bit more conservative in that respect.
Yze taking a long term view on development is why I think we may see Balta head back to the forward line in coming weeks, as he looks to continue developing Balta as a key forward long term.

The fact we played much better versus the Bombers probably shows the standards have been poor for a few weeks.

We aren't that great & have a lot of injuries, but we need to not have games like the Dogs & Lions. because we are better than that rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back