Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is, Libba the sneaky prk being so small would end up getting head contact, rubbing Stack out for weeks. Better to line up English... more of a challenge.
knowing the form of Stack he will be likely to go for the Bont

They have their own kids they will won’t to retain and they will have a pay structure in place that won’t see a first year player valued at the kind of sums your pulling out of thin air.

The kind of money your sprinkling is what seasoned players are earning. Grimes and Astbury would only just be getting that at the peak of their careers. It would have to be an exceptional circumstance to break your pay structure for a player that isn’t an elite talent of the league. The only one coming to mind was Boyd at the dogs which has some huge repercussions for their culture let alone the player.

You might disagree with my reasoning and valuations, but it is not correct to say I pulled the sums out of thin air. In one post on this thread I broke down with decent precision how I arrived at the valuation. If you think he is worth less than I think he is worth then perhaps answer the points in that post. You say Grimes and Astbury are in the $350k range now, I would imagine both are on more than that, but I could be wrong. Players like Vickery and Conca have been picked up as free agents for more than that by other clubs, so I imagine the likes of Astbury and Grimes to be on $400k plus. They are seasoned players at the peak of their careers but Stack is playing like a seasoned player from day one, that is my point about him.

The overriding principle guiding your pay structure should be merit. If it is not, you will ultimately suffer because you will risk losing players you under value and you keep over valued players. If you offer a Wayne Carey at 19 $200k because that is what good young players get and it would upset others if he gets more than them....it is obvious what the outcome of that policy will be. Ok, Stack is not a Wayne Carey, but he has a certain value based on the most important thing you can base value on, performance. Why is an 18 year old who can perform to a very high level from day one worth less than a player who took 4-5 years to get to that same level?

I am sure the club will know what to do and obviously they need to place higher values on players who are good on field communicators and leaders etc, but Stack seems a rare talent full stop, but an incredibly huge talent when you consider his age. Greater deeds should bring greater rewards and it will be interesting to see how he progresses over this season.

256c90895eb5776ce777c34acae19c0b.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a stat / bit of trivia. If selected & he plays next week it will be Sydney's 6th AFL game. In his first 6 games he will then have played in 4 different states on 5 different grounds. That would have to be some kind of record I would think
Amazing...bet he's loving it too!

Just wondering whether the dreamtime game is a factor for these young indigenous kids...vis a vis contract attractiveness etc.

And on that note can't help but feel the stage is set for something special from Stack in this year's dreamtime match.

On POT-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Stack versus Tippinwoodi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back