Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not denigrating Sydney Stack but how many more useless stats can they come up with?

This list basically confirms what we can tell instinctively from observing Master Stack since he has been in the AFL team. His performance since he has been in the team is a massive outlier, it is totally unexpected for a player that age to perform at the level he has. That is, any 18 year old. Let alone one that couldn't get drafted, and therefore conceded a head start to the field in terms of pre season preparations. This is why I have said if I were an AFL club(including Richmond) I would target him with a strong offer at the earliest viable point.

He's ranked #1 in AFL of players 25 or younger - for performance relative to expectation based on age and position

Which is a little obvious when you think about it because usually when an 18yo doesn't get drafted, they usually don't play any AFL games and therefore have no impact :p

He will be a very very good footballer in 2-3 years

Dude he's a very very good footballer now. Can't remember seeing a more impressive combination of attributes for a first year player. Extremely tough and courageous + composed, smooth and excellent decision making. Hope he can keep it up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back