Traded Ben Long

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering he played down back or through the midfield for all of St Marys, NT, Allies and school footy it's a great sign that he performed as well as he did in he VFL having barely spent any time in the forward line prior to that. Lots of scope for improvement considering that and his natural development throughout 2016 overall. Considering our plethora of half backs I'd expect to see him in the forward line at AFL level early days when he gets a go. Maybe he develops into a wingman long term which would be handy.

Ben Long time Sincs I Rock n Roll
Ben Long time, Ben Long Time
Ben a Lonie Lonie Lonie Long time

220px-Jimmy_Page_-_A.R.M.S._Concert,_Oakland,_Ca._1983.jpg

Looks skillful and quick in his highlights, but the main thing that stood out was he looks like an ABSOLUTE ******* MADMAN. Him and Mav are going to be the Chinning Bros. Throws himself at contests and takes people on when he's got the footy. If he can play how he plays in the VFL at AFL level then I'll be very happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks skillful and quick in his highlights, but the main thing that stood out was he looks like an ABSOLUTE ******* MADMAN. Him and Mav are going to be the Chinning Bros. Throws himself at contests and takes people on when he's got the footy. If he can play how he plays in the VFL at AFL level then I'll be very happy.

I hope he plays when we play the doggies.. just adds more spice to a headed rivalry. Imagine long and libba going at it lol

That doesn't answer my question though does it.
23rd man. Players from TAC Cup teams can have a player playing as a 23rd man for a VFL team. Mostly players who are overage who havent made it yet. Hence where Long comes in. He was so good that he was starting 18 for them, which in a lot of times isnt the case for 23rd man players..

BTW: Perhaps wouldn't put so much sass in it. Poster was just trying to answer the q.

23rd man. Players from TAC Cup teams can have a player playing as a 23rd man for a VFL team. Mostly players who are overage who havent made it yet. Hence where Long comes in. He was so good that he was starting 18 for them, which in a lot of times isnt the case for 23rd man players..

BTW: Perhaps wouldn't put so much sass in it. Poster was just trying to answer the q.
No sass intended. Only interested in why the Bulldogs let this guy go if he was so good as people say, instead of keeping or elevating him.

No sass intended. Only interested in why the Bulldogs let this guy go if he was so good as people say, instead of keeping or elevating him.
They didn't have any connection to him. Just like we didn't when Tom Langdon was playing for Sandringham in his over age year. The 23rd Man Scheme is just to give kids who may not have been picked up to show their wares in a VFL environment. And no drama intended but the comment came across a little crude. We are all here to help each other out - the purpose of a forum!

As I understand it he was never an AFL Western Bulldogs player; he was a VFL Western Bulldogs player. Just as a player can be a Sandy player but not a Saints listed player.

They didn't let him go; they had to draft him to get him. Word is they were going to do just that but we beat them to it.

You're speaking as if he was a rookie for them. The Dogs had zero rights to him once the VFL season ended because he was never on their list AFL list in any way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back