AFLW Welcome to TIGERLAND AFLW - Gabby Seymour

Remove this Banner Ad

Height: 175cm
Position: Utility
DOB: Oct 28 1996

Seymour, a volleyball cross-coder, has been a revelation since debuting against NT Thunder five weeks ago, with two best-on-ground performances and two other appearances among the best players.

The 22-year-old has played mostly in the ruck and has averaged 10 disposals, two marks and 29 hit outs a game for the VFLW Tigers.

Nickname: Gab
Club supported growing up: Richmond
Hidden talent: Can make a paper crane
Greatest sporting achievement: Making the Australian junior volleyball team
Greatest inspiration: Roger Federer because he is an elite athlete and elite person.
Favourite type of kick: Drop punt
Favourite pump up song to listen to before a match: Stronger – Kanye West
Which AFL/AFLW player do you model your game off: Trent Cotchin because he is a fantastic leader.
Favourite teammate: Alana Woodward because she gives amazing support and she always gets us over the line.

Last edited:
View attachment 714028

Position: Utility
DOB: Oct 28 1996

Seymour, a volleyball cross-coder, has been a revelation since debuting against NT Thunder five weeks ago, with two best-on-ground performances and two other appearances among the best players.

The 22-year-old has played mostly in the ruck and has averaged 10 disposals, two marks and 29 hit outs a game for the VFLW Tigers.

View attachment 714031

Wow this lady could be the best in pure talent and potential, as good as Monique Conti.
Only be playing full time this year, has a volleyball background and in our best 4 games out of 5 total games she has played
Remarkable athlete and so raw in talent, lucky we're smart at Tigerland and snapped her up as a cross code rookie
Gabby Seymour = Sydney Stack, if your not excited, get excited because this player is going to be a cracker
Loved the video of her announcement of being elevated to our AFLW list, all the girls seemed to absolutely love her

Her video on Twitter's one of the best I've seen.

Move aside Bernardi and KB, this one's my new favourite.
Hey, if it’s not a pain in the arse can you post that vid please mate?
I don’t have a twitter acc

Hey, if it’s not a pain in the arse can you post that vid please mate?
I don’t have a twitter acc

Just realised it's on the Tigers website but I saw it the link on Twitter first.

Just realised it's on the Tigers website but I saw it the link on Twitter first.

Ohh yep, gotcha
Good onya for that, apprecite it.
Just on a side note...it’d be sweet I reckon if Pies dropped a couple of places and copped you guys in an elimination final.
Just sayin 👍

Ohh yep, gotcha
Good onya for that, apprecite it.
Just on a side note...it’d be sweet I reckon if Pies dropped a couple of places and copped you guys in an elimination final.
Just sayin 👍

If they turn to s**t, (IF) they could miss the 8 all together.

Essendon aren't even secure yet.

If they turn to s**t, (IF) they could miss the 8 all together.

Essendon aren't even secure yet.

I'm intrigued Redman. You're a Bomber yet you list our AFLW team in your other teams. A connection somewhere??

I'm intrigued Redman. You're a Bomber yet you list our AFLW team in your other teams. A connection somewhere??

No connection whatsoever.

With Richmond coming in, I swapped from Brisbane simply to support a team closer to home until Essendon get their own senior team.

Until that happens, it's the Tigers from here on in.

AFLW Pocket Profile: Gabby Seymour

By richmondfc.com.au - 1 hr
seymour_1024.jpg

Get to know a little more about AFLW Tiger Gabrielle Seymour...
Guernsey number:
Position: Ruck/utility
D.O.B.: 28/10/1996
Nickname: Gab
Local club: The Basin Bears
Club supported growing up: Richmond, so I’m pretty lucky to be here!
Hidden talent: I am very good at recognising dog breeds, I can tell you the breed of just about any dog I pass on the street.
Pre-game meal: I’m a real lover of spinach and ricotta cannelloni. I must also have a strong coffee.
Favourite holiday destination: Kona in Hawaii (excellent iced coffees)
Favourite TV show: I can never go past The Simpsons when it’s on TV!
Most-used app: Probably WhatsApp these days, I can thank football for that!
Cats or dogs: Absolutely dogs
Favourite type of kick: Drop punt
Favourite pump up song to listen to before a match: Shooting Stars - Bag Raiders
Greatest inspiration and why: Sporting wise, I would have to go for Roger Federer. I love athletes who are able to be elite on and off the field.
Which AFL/AFLW player do you model your game off: I’m still figuring out which AFL/AFLW players my game is most similar to, but when it comes to preparing for games and how I conduct myself, KB is a standout role model for me. She has worked hard to get where she’s gotten, she brings others with her and everything she does is to an elite standard. Can’t go too wrong following in her footsteps!

Coaches' Corner: Gabrielle Seymour
AFLW coach Tom Hunter is impressed by what he's seen so far from cross-code rookie Gabrielle Seymour, who only picked up a football for the first time just over a year ago...
By Grace Kalac, richmondfc.com.au
seymour_1024.jpg

In the first edition of AFLW Coaches' Corner, Tom Hunter provides Richmond Media with an insight into the impressive development of cross-code rookie and utility Gabrielle Seymour.

QOAriquO.jpg

Tom Hunter and Grace Kalac discuss the development of utility player, Gabby Seymour.
First impressions
"We loved Gabby the first time we saw her at her talent ID day towards the back end of 2018. What stood out for us then was her ability to compete, ball on the ground, ball in the air, she just wills herself at every contest. For someone with her volleyball background wth no contact, she really thrives at the contest."
Pre-season focus
"Because she’s so new to the game, we focused on getting more exposure of football into her. A full pre-season of football, having three or four nights during the week, built that up. Again, we just love her ability to compete. She wants to learn, she wants to get better and that's all you can ask from a player."

AFLW Round 1 performance
"For us, she performed at the level and that’s all we ask. She looked right at home, especially in the defensive 50 when the ball was coming in a fair bit. (She had an) ability to compete, she held her nerve really well, took some really strong marks and defended really well. In the ruck, she gave us a good contest around the ground. It will come with time, she played through the VFLW against some really quality rucks there and she's coming against some really strong talent in the ruck at AFLW level so we envisage that she'll continue to get better in that area."
Her strong aerial ability from her past as as Australian volleyball representative
"In the air, she’s fantastic. She’s got a really strong, powerful base. She impacts in the air whether it be spoiling or marking and she's done a lot of work over the pre-season with Sam Shaw, our defensive coach, and previously with Jacob Thompson through the ruck and midfield. She’s going to continue to get better as the season rolls on."

Her impressive 2019 VFLW season
"From six games, she found herself on an AFLW list and we’re really grateful to have Gabby as part of our program. The more football she plays, the better she's going to be and we're really happy with how she's coming along."
Her composure in big games
"She hasn’t played much footy, so the crowds that she has played in front of have, at times, been quite large, such as the VFLW elimination final and Round 1 in the AFLW. She looks calm, she knows what she needs to do and she knows what her strengths are."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got engaged. Absolutely devastated that she is off the market. Thought I was a genuine chance.

343863151_109586058794411_2499990049703010671_n.jpg
Maybe they went public in the hope you’d stop driving up from Barwon Heads on Bin night in case she comes out with the wheelie bins in her Pj’s.
😏

Let it go mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back