OzBomber

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2006
Walton Breck Rd
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Ricciardo
I know there'll be people on here that won't wanna congratulate him, but you gotta give credit where it's due. This kid is an absolute freak. Despite being arrogant etc. he is a phenomenal driver and will dominate in years to come if he can get rid of those mistakes that he makes.

It's just a shame that it came in the year that Webber was at his best.

Seb is an absolute gun.

You take into account Melbourne, Turkey and Korea and he probably could have another 75 points in his bag.

This is the first of many. Well done sebby!!!

By far the quickest driver. If he was more consistent he would have romped it in.

He deserves it.:thumbsu:

Just a shame AMW stuck a wheel on the wet paint in Korea as it would have been all different...:(

I think any of the four would have been deserving champions - and many variables have made this a great championship.

I'm still a bit shocked, but the way he's bounced back after the Belgian disaster and the mistakes in the races before that, has been incredible. If not for that engine failure in Korea, he would have won the last four races of the championship. That's champions form in anyones language.

Congratulations to all of the other title contenders as well. They all have reasons to be proud of their performances, and it's an incredible title to win up against the quality drivers out there. Fastest car or otherwise.

Absolutely overjoyed though, no chance of sleep tonight for me.

Clearly the fastest driver/car package for the whole year.

I thought he was going to do a Lauda for a while - lauda was the fastest driver in '74, but made a few too many mistakes and the wise old head Fittipaldi snuck through and won the title. Lauda then won in 75 and 77 (and would have won in 76 but for nearly dying at the 'Ring). Should have won 4 in a row.

For me Vettel and Hamilton are the fastest drivers, Alonso just behind (but a better race-manager), Webber and Button a bit behind. Going forward, Hamilton is the one I would pick for my team. Of course, the car is still 95% of the equation.

Crazy.png

Well done Seb...

I think any of the four would have been deserving champions - and many variables have made this a great championship.

I'm still a bit shocked, but the way he's bounced back after the Belgian disaster and the mistakes in the races before that, has been incredible. If not for that engine failure in Korea, he would have won the last four races of the championship. That's champions form in anyones language.

Congratulations to all of the other title contenders as well. They all have reasons to be proud of their performances, and it's an incredible title to win up against the quality drivers out there. Fastest car or otherwise.

Congratz on your man taking out the top prize. He's really matured and become a different driver in the last bit of the year. I couldn't stand him earlier in the season, but full respect to him now. well deserved :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to Seb, as I said pre-race, if he got away at the start he would be unbeatable and he was. Even a one eyed Aussie could see that he had been the faster driver all year, and it's amazing that he first took the lead of the world championship in the last round.

I think he needs to congratulate Petrov, what a drive! When Webber couldn't win it, definitely would back Vettel over Alonso and it pleased me to see him so aggravated, especially at the end. Great drive by Petrov, holding a two time (?) world champ behind him for the majority of the race.

Once again, congrats to Vettel.

Well done to Seb, as I said pre-race, if he got away at the start he would be unbeatable and he was. Even a one eyed Aussie could see that he had been the faster driver all year, and it's amazing that he first took the lead of the world championship in the last round.

I think he needs to congratulate Petrov, what a drive! When Webber couldn't win it, definitely would back Vettel over Alonso and it pleased me to see him so aggravated, especially at the end. Great drive by Petrov, holding a two time (?) word champ behind him for the majority of the race.

Once again, congrats to Vettel.
He won spelling bees as well as F1 titles? A man of many talents.

Seb is an absolute gun.

You take into account Melbourne, Turkey and Korea and he probably could have another 75 points in his bag.

This is the first of many. Well done sebby!!!

Spot on. The 10 poles (twice as many as Mark) and 5 times that of Alonso, shows he could perform when it counted in Q3. All he needed to do was convert those poles into wins and it would have been over long before Brazil.

Plus the errors in GB and Hungary, and the drive thru in Belgium could have scored 300 points plus....

Congrats on yr man, well deserved champion.

2010 season best for a long while, lets hope 2011 is even better. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back