FTA-TV Wentworth

Remove this Banner Ad

Some subtle similarities between Boomer Jenkins and Alice "Lurch" Jenkins.

I'm not sure if it were a deliberate "tip of the hat" to the original, but there was a reference to getting someone out with a helicopter in last nights episode. Flashed back to Marie Winter's ridiculous escape via the Channel 10 news chopper in the original.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with that. For real life situation. But i can let it pass in a tv show.
That's it, isn't it?

Its entertainment, no?

Be entertained. Or watch something that actually entertains you.

Wat have I missed?

Is there one womens jail?
They had no legal jurisdiction to send her interstate like in the original Prisoner (and she did spend a few nights in Wentworth in isolation)
Wentworth is the only womens prison in the state to have suitable protective custody/protection.
The Freak knew the system and manipulate it by rooting the shrink.
Vera wanted Channing to move her back to protective but he refused (she has dirt on him)

The producers of Prisoner wouldn't cater to Val's demands on a new contract, so they wrote her out in Ep 400, deliberately giving her a crappy ending. When she was killed off "off screen" in Ep 536, it was supposedly out of spite. Anne Phelan who was playing Myra Desmond (the Bea re-incarnate), wanted more money and more time off in her next, upcoming contract, which the producers refused and threatened to dump Anne's character Myra and bring back Bea. Unbeknownst to the producers, Phelan and Val Lehman were good mates and the threats got back to Val, so from memory of the story when retold by Anne, Val sent a rather strong FU letter to the producers stating there was no way she would even consider knifing Anne Phelan in the back that way. In retaliation, they killed off Bea.
She did appear once more after ep 536 :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back