Wet Spam: Most Unambitious Club in the Premier League?

Remove this Banner Ad

We weren't for the last 20 years, we will from now on whether you like it or not. This is what the power of being an ambitious club can do, I'm afraid you'll never see it at Wet Spam. Not while Sam Allardyce is in charge anyway.

Your idiotic owners made an outrageously stupid mistake in sacking Zola after he saved your rabble from relegation, and as a result, your club will spend the rest of its days as minnows who get relegated every now and then.

Cause Zola got his Championship side promoted first time asking?
We have been down there, sure, but we've come back out stronger for it.
You are obviously just another newpaper supporter that will believe whatever you read about gameplans/tactics, watch a few games and you'll see we play football as attractive as all the teams around us. I wouldn't trade Reid or Diame for any of your shite, except maybe Bale.... O wait.....

Cause Zola got his Championship side promoted first time asking?
We have been down there, sure, but we've come back out stronger for it.
You are obviously just another newpaper supporter that will believe whatever you read about gameplans/tactics, watch a few games and you'll see we play football as attractive as all the teams around us. I wouldn't trade Reid or Diame for any of your shite, except maybe Bale.... O wait.....
Because Zola actually had your mob playing good football that would've been further complemented had your owners shown ambition.

Contrary to your belief, I actually did watch West Ham a few times last season, and they were painful to watch every time. Super defensive rubbish & trying to play the long ball whenever possible. You bring up your pacy wingers, but that's part of the negative gameplan in order to have some sort of forward threat, even Pulis employed them at Stoke as well in the form of Etherington & Pennant.

As for Reid and Diame, you're entitled to your delusional belief, but I'm afraid there's no doubt the pr0n kings would trade both of them to us just to get a player like Paulinho on a 6 month loan, and honestly, that'd be good business on their behalf, trading out a D & a C Grader for 6 months of a genuine A-grader. Unfortunately, West Ham just don't have any ambition.

Paulinho is probably, no, definatly, the biggest overrated piece of heartless trash I've ever seen. And once he gets a big enough reputation as a diver and a bigger club comes knocking he'll piss off from Shite Heart Lane as quick as Bale.
You're just a feeder club to the big boys now mate, get used to it.

Paulinho is probably, no, definatly, the biggest overrated piece of heartless trash I've ever seen. And once he gets a big enough reputation as a diver and a bigger club comes knocking he'll piss off from Shite Heart Lane as quick as Bale.
You're just a feeder club to the big boys now mate, get used to it.
Had an unbelievable game against Palace, bossed everything, and this is all after bossing Chelsea in the Club World Cup & Spain in the Confederations Cup. You might not like it, but every single person associated with the West Ham Football Club would get down on their knees and beg if it meant they'd even have a remote chance of signing a superstar like Paulinho, even if it's only for a few months. Not just him either, they'd sacrifice all their self-respect for the likes of Dembele, Soldado, Vertonghen, Lloris, hell, even Jermain Defoe who, laughably enough, is a club legend for West Ham.

As for the feeder club shenanigans, we might sell Bale to Madrid for 109 million pounds. If that makes us a feeder club, then I shudder to think what United are to them after selling Ronaldo, a better player, for significantly less.

Had an unbelievable game against Palace, bossed everything, and this is all after bossing Chelsea in the Club World Cup & Spain in the Confederations Cup. You might not like it, but every single person associated with the West Ham Football Club would get down on their knees and beg if it meant they'd even have a remote chance of signing a superstar like Paulinho, even if it's only for a few months. Not just him either, they'd sacrifice all their self-respect for the likes of Dembele, Soldado, Vertonghen, Lloris, hell, even Jermain Defoe who, laughably enough, is a club legend for West Ham.

As for the feeder club shenanigans, we might sell Bale to Madrid for 109 million pounds. If that makes us a feeder club, then I shudder to think what United are to them after selling Ronaldo, a better player, for significantly less.
I watched the Palace game. Jedinak bossed the midfield, Paulinho was average.
I guarantee, every single player you just named, hell, even Jermain Defoe, would jump ships to a big club if they were given the chance, following Gareth's lead.

I watched the Palace game. Jedinak bossed the midfield, Paulinho was average.
I guarantee, every single player you just named, hell, even Jermain Defoe, would jump ships to a big club if they were given the chance, following Gareth's lead.
You may have watched it, but that doesn't mean you're able to form an objective opinion. It's well-acknowledged among neutrals that Paulinho was fantastic.

Also, pretty much any player outside of Barcelona & Bayern would want to jump ship to Madrid if they showed interest, similar to how every single West Ham player would be desperate to cross over to Spurs, just like Scotty Parker, as we are a club with ambition as opposed to West Ham, a club with no ambition whatsoever. So really, it's a moot point.

Now now you lot, all this bad blood is over the Olympic Stadium deal isn't it :)

Fine point, you say we show no ambition yet we are moving into a stadium that will dwarf Shite Heart Lane. Poor old Levy doesn't like it one bit either.

And you Muppet's can keep Parker, o wait, you already sold him haha! Top transfer that one mate.

Fine point, you say we show no ambition yet we are moving into a stadium that will dwarf Shite Heart Lane. Poor old Levy doesn't like it one bit either.

And you Muppet's can keep Parker, o wait, you already sold him haha! Top transfer that one mate.
You're moving into a 56k seat stadium you cannot possibly fill because your owners are a bunch of mongs. Yeah ok, I'll pay that as a sign of ambition, but it's also laughably stupid, and will end in bankruptcy. All that's left is for the pr0n Kings to hire Redknapp to hammer the final nail in the coffin, just like he did with Portsmouth.

As for Parker, even now he would be your best player.

You're moving into a 56k seat stadium you cannot possibly fill because your owners are a bunch of mongs. Yeah ok, I'll pay that as a sign of ambition, but it's also laughably stupid, and will end in bankruptcy. All that's left is for the pr0n Kings to hire Redknapp to hammer the final nail in the coffin, just like he did with Portsmouth.

As for Parker, even now he would be your best player.

HHHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA, Keep talking mate. WE ARE THE TOP DOGS IN LONDON!

HHHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA, Keep talking mate. WE ARE THE TOP DOGS IN LONDON!

I think you will find Arsenal are top of the table, therefore they are "the top dogs in London"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the most unconvincing 3-0 in the history of the game and quite possibly the worst game ever played in the epl. Spurs were horrid but still should have won.

Not sure what AVB was trying to do with his side this morning, West Ham packed their midfield playing essentially a 4-6-0 formation with all 10 men defending behind the ball, so instead of using his wingers in traditional wide roles he plays them inverted leading to even more congestion in the midfield with spurs players trying to thread almost impossible passes with zero space to play in. Playing with width and utilising the flanks would have eventually stretched west ham's formation. Also unsure as to why Sandro and Chadli who have the physicality to negate the big west ham lumps weren't utilised at all. Overall it was a game that AVB lost tactically.

Quality bump by dacloud.

My best mate told me the entire west ham squad that played cost about $11m in transfer fees and Soldado was worth more than that by himself. Good case of money not always prevailing.

Say what you will about West Ham's style of play but they are very well organised defensively - if only my boys could have the same solidarity to go with our attack :D

At the end of the day though, Big Sam outclassed AVB tactically.

I'm actually surprised that this still happens, he's been using the same tactic for the last decade and it still gets the job done.

Yep - he did the same at your mob and had arguably better success doing this at Bolton. Didn't really work out for him when he was with us though :D

Proven results though. Not pretty most of the time but gets the job done which is important when staying in the league becomes more lucrative over time.

Yep - he did the same at your mob and had arguably better success doing this at Bolton. Didn't really work out for him when he was with us though :D

Proven results though. Not pretty most of the time but gets the job done which is important when staying in the league becomes more lucrative over time.

The Geordies were on his back from day dot, can't blame them really considering under Keegan they played some of the best football seen in the modern day premier league, after that who would want to watch an Allardyce led team every week?

The Geordies were on his back from day dot, can't blame them really considering under Keegan they played some of the best football seen in the modern day premier league, after that who would want to watch an Allardyce led team every week?

Yeah exactly right Oz - he wasn't a popular appointment from the start even though he claimed he would play 'attractive football'. Newcastle fans can be admittedly be bit fickle at times but for fans used to watching the great attacking teams of the entertainers and even Sir Bobby Robson's team of the early 2000s, the move to the direct style wasn't exactly embraced.

He also brought in some hit and miss talents too. He did bring in some decent players like Faye, Enrique and Beye but also got guys likes Geremi, Smith and Rozehnal. He started out ok but a poor run of form saw the fans get on his back and ultimately led to his sacking. Wasn't all bad for him though, he got a nice payout plus got to watch us get relegated the next season :(

What's the usual outcome of these threads? Should I be putting my house on West Ham to beat Spurs 3-0 now?

Go ahead, I dare you.

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back