What are you listening to now - No. 8 🎵🎻🎶🎼🎸

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe you should try Acid Eaters where they covered some classic 60s music. I get what your saying but the playing on this album is nuanced. A little unRamones if you like.
Doing an album of covers is one step away from a Christmas Album and an indication the band is out of ideas.

I prefer my punk rockers to have a bit more of an edge. While I could give the usual Pistols and Clash, This is a more obscure one I used to love a long time ago, though they were more soccer houligans/skinheads than punks. Whole album is good (or at least I used to thinks so)

Ry Cooder is another of the great unsung American musicians. I hadn’t thought of Ry for sometime but tonight’s theme on Saturday Night Jukebox has sparked a memory. A cupie doll if you can guess the theme.

A great interpreter of many different genres of music and * the music causes serious foot tapping and hip swaying.

SNJ played ELO as I confidently predicted at the start of the show. Like the Blues Brothers the band is back together. Toured UK. Hopefully will come to Australia. However...

The Travelling Wilburys inspired all these follow up albums by the artists involved Tom, George and Roy bought out great albums. Jeff snuck in a gem call Armchair Theatre. I’ve chosen this song because it has Del Shannon singing background vocals at the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back