What are you watching No. 3 🎥🎦🎬

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe this thread could be called “What aren’t we watching”.

I reckon I’ve watched a decade’s worth of TV in 12 months.

Recently

‘Only Murder in the Building’ on Disney+. Steve Martin and Martin Short and others playing amateur detectives.

I’m not sure what’s in the water in NZ but they come up with some weird ideas for TV. ‘Wellington Paranormal’ on SBS. Basically local coppers chasing phantoms and lots of other strange things. It’s comedy, maybe.

‘The Reluctant Landlord’ on SBS. Romesh Ranganathan inspired, set around an English pub.

And ‘Capital’ on iView. I watched this because of the cast. Lots of story lines and only 4 episodes.

So many others…

Maybe this thread could be called “What aren’t we watching”.

I reckon I’ve watched a decade’s worth of TV in 12 months.

Recently

‘Only Murder in the Building’ on Disney+. Steve Martin and Martin Short and others playing amateur detectives.

I’m not sure what’s in the water in NZ but they come up with some weird ideas for TV. ‘Wellington Paranormal’ on SBS. Basically local coppers chasing phantoms and lots of other strange things. It’s comedy, maybe.

‘The Reluctant Landlord’ on SBS. Romesh Ranganathan inspired, set around an English pub.

And ‘Capital’ on iView. I watched this because of the cast. Lots of story lines and only 4 episodes.

So many others…
Have you got Netflix Robbo ? Heaps of good stuff on there.

Detectorists on Netflix

One of those understated UK series. Well written, funny characters. Metal detector rival clubs. Unrequited love. Recommend.
Nah i am more of an excitement plus , high octane over the top kinda guy. Understated sounds like something Robbo's my hero would watch. :p

Nah i am more of an excitement plus , high octane over the top kinda guy. Understated sounds like something Robbo's my hero would watch. :p
I know right. That's why you can't top Great Pottery Showdown!
Or Landscape Artist of the Year! Really missing that show.

And now I’m getting dissed because I’m cerebral in my TV viewing.

Detectorists is brilliant. I’ve watched the whole series at least a couple of times. Maybe three times. The storyline, the acting and various life lines running through the show are brilliant.

I have to share the viewing choices with Mrs Robbo. That’s where the high octane choices are made. Can highly recommend the 15 seasons of Supernatural. I’m an expert on all sorts of weird stuff as a result of Dean and Sam Winchester. I watched the finale this week and was floored by how they ended it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Detectorists on Netflix

One of those understated UK series. Well written, funny characters. Metal detector rival clubs. Unrequited love. Recommend.
Thank you. Looks like that is exactly the show we were looking for. Watched the first two episodes tonight and loved it.

It's very funny Ace. Try it out.
After watching Squid Game i am going through a K drama phase now. I have watched Hotel da Luna , Nevertheless, Hometown Cha Cha Cha and Love (ft Marriage and Divorce) season 1 & 2 , just cant wait for season 3.

Maybe a while before the Detectorists gets a viewing.

Sadly, finished Dectorists s3 yesterday.
Will miss watching the characters.
Wonderful show. Great tip! Keep 'em coming
Had to sign on for free tril of Brit Box to get s3..might try new version of All Creatures Great and Small.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back