What are you watching No. 3 🎥🎦🎬

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't warmed to S2 Lotus unlike others. Will go the distance though.
Ninja, I loved s1. S2 leans heavily into sexual relationships and tensions. I feel I'm watching a heavily skewed Mike White pov. And I often find it grubby.
I feel s2 lacks the surprising subtlety of s1. Just my take.

Ninja, I loved s1. S2 leans heavily into sexual relationships and tensions. I feel I'm watching a heavily skewed Mike White pov. And I often find it grubby.
I feel s2 lacks the surprising subtlety of s1. Just my take.
You're entitled to your opinion horsey but not sure what you mean by a heavily skewed mike white pov. All his stuff including enlightened has provided a different take on the human condition. I love the grubbiness...agree that the writing lacks the subtlety of s1, but also think some of the tension has been palpable. The continuation of the thread from series 1 is untangling a deeper web of deceit I didn't see coming....MW is making the best tv going around imo

You're entitled to your opinion horsey but not sure what you mean by a heavily skewed mike white pov. All his stuff including enlightened has provided a different take on the human condition. I love the grubbiness...agree that the writing lacks the subtlety of s1, but also think some of the tension has been palpable. The continuation of the thread from series 1 is untangling a deeper web of deceit I didn't see coming....MW is making the best tv going around imo
Yeah. Gone off him a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been binging a bit on Binge, and watched latest season of C.B.Strike. Appreciated it. But this has led me to 'Happy Valley', the British TV series... The blurb is "Yorkshire-based crime drama centering on the personal and professional life of Police Sergeant Catherine Cawood." Not for everyone as it's dark and gritty dealing with some serious themes... But 8.5 on IMDB, and I can see why...

AppleTV+ has a few gems:
  • Severance
  • Slow Horses
  • Pachinko
  • Tehran
Including some fine docos:
  • The Big Conn
  • The Velvet Underground
  • Louis Armstrong’s Black & Blues
I'm OK with Foundation, but not amazed. Bloody hard books to put on the screen so I make allowances for the producers' somewhat divergent interpretations.

Binging like a maniac while I have a free sub.

Any good? Do you need to be a CR fan to follow/enjoy?
First season - especially first two episodes - is a little rough due to oversimplification of things. Still good, just a little thin.

The first three episodes of season two are excellent.

I don't think you need to be into CR to enjoy it, but I am somewhat biased as I've watched/listened to it through multiple times.

First season - especially first two episodes - is a little rough due to oversimplification of things. Still good, just a little thin.

The first three episodes of season two are excellent.

I don't think you need to be into CR to enjoy it, but I am somewhat biased as I've watched/listened to it through multiple times.

I watched a few eps of Mighty Nein campaign, and though enjoyed it, didn't follow on - big time commitment! Would rather play than watch :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back