What are you watching No. 3 🎥🎦🎬

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad Boys For Life

Bit of a sucker for these buddy cop action comedy flicks, massive fan of the Lethal Weapon flicks , Tango and Cash, and The Other Guys.

Will Smith still one of the most watchable actors on the planet (imo)

A nice popcorn escapism romp for a couple of hours:)

Just binge-watched High Fidelity the TV series with wifey - 10 eps in 3 days.

We both really loved it.

Feels very much like a small screen version of the movie, which itself was a good portrayal of the book.

I haven't seen the movie since it came out 15 years ago, but Zoe Kravitz does such a great job of channelling the protagonist's insecurities.
From the first scene it resurrected memories from the movie/book and I felt like I was watching John Cusack with dreads.

I don't normally do shows that are 'relationship heavy', but this had a great balance of laughs, touching moments, sadness and self-discovery.

All set against an awesome musical backdrop.

Definitely makes my top 5 shows of 2020 ;)
We’ve found our new Bill Collins.

You‘ve inspired me Bill Collins aka ferrisb

The US v John Lennon.

I’m watching it again.

What a time! And they harassed and eventually murdered a man who advocated open communication, love, peace and equality.

More popular than Jesus. Unleashed conservative America. Hitler’s Nazis encouraged book burning. Americans burnt Beatles albums.

And then he met Yoko and they became a tour de force. Bagism. Hair peace. Civil rights. Revolution. Power to the People. Give peace a chance. Sometime in New York City. Imagine all the people. War is Over.

Responding to a question about promoting peace. “Gandhi tried it. Martin Luther King tried it. And they were shot...”😢

The message. Brave people are prepared to pay the ultimate price. Ohio State University. Black Panther murdered.

Lennon falls in love with NYC and the trouble starts. The FBI is a political police force and sets out to destroy John and Yoko. He sings “It ain’t fair John Sinclair”. And they release him! Nixon gets paranoid because people might vote against him. Phone taps. Surveillance. The battle to stay in the US. Deport the peacenik. Newtopia is declared. Nixon wins. The FBI give up but not immigration. Its paperwork went all the way to Tricky Dicky. Nixon’s a criminal. The forces of evil are defeated.

On his opponents. “Time wounds all heels”.😂

A few short years of paradise. Then bullets ring out and all hope is snuffed out for a nanosecond.

I cry. I mourn his loss. I still miss sharing the world with him however his message is still alive and will ring in my ears until I can no longer hear.

And remember.

“Instant karma’s gonna get you”.✌️

Why?

“Because we all shine on!”

If you find it I recommend you watch it.

SBS has had a couple of shows on Eurovision recently. Still available on streaming service. I watched the top 40 controversies from over the years last night. The contest is about more that singing and I’d recommend it.

Lots of ABC media programs. I watch The Drum most nights ( turn it off only when they have a Liberal on like Amanda Vanstone). I’m starting to connect again with Foreign Correspondent and 4 Corners.

A few months ago I purchased the entire DVD box set of the Wonder Woman TV series.

Just onto season 3 (the final one) know, it's rather cheesy but fun 1970s fare.

Gosh Lynda Carter was and still is, a remarkably fit and attractive woman, it's a pity her career really didn't take off after the show ended, guess that is the problem with being typecast I suppose

What is great about this show is that it is a feminist show that is accesible for everyone and Diana/WW doesn't have a male love interest, although firm friends with Steve Trevor..

It's bit of an underrated Gem, if a tad cliched, but great entertainment, esp if you are into 70s pop culture :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of online on demand stuff. Finished Handmaid's Tale on SBS on demand site.
Now catching up on most recent seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm and Westworld.
Using the Binge two week trial for free to see those.

ESKIE

I can tell you that Cardinal is not for the squeamish. I’m now onto the second series and the killers are creeping me out like they did in the first series.

There’s no veil here. It’s not a murder mystery like the British would make. This is a Canadian production. You get to deal with the killers pretty much from the first episode.

One thing I would like to explore is where the stories originate. It’s a series of books written about a police detective named John Cardinal. The author is Giles Blunt. There must be a dozen at least. The reading might be better than the seeing if you know what I mean. I think the first series was based on a novel called ‘Forty Words for Sorrow’. I’ve got to admit that it’s a great name for a book. I wish I had have thought of it first.

ESKIE

I can tell you that Cardinal is not for the squeamish. I’m now onto the second series and the killers are creeping me out like they did in the first series.

There’s no veil here. It’s not a murder mystery like the British would make. This is a Canadian production. You get to deal with the killers pretty much from the first episode.

One thing I would like to explore is where the stories originate. It’s a series of books written about a police detective named John Cardinal. The author is Giles Blunt. There must be a dozen at least. The reading might be better than the seeing if you know what I mean. I think the first series was based on a novel called ‘Forty Words for Sorrow’. I’ve got to admit that it’s a great name for a book. I wish I had have thought of it first.
For a moment there I thought you meant Carnivale.....now that was an absolute masterpiece. Unfortunately HBO cancelled it after only 2 seasons, but well worth a look....the soundtrack is just as brilliant.

Go OLED, once you've gone OLED you'll never go back
Yes I think that’s what we’re going to do but no Kayo on LG which is disapppointing May have to AirPlay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back