Rumour What did Mick say?

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Brenton Sanderson go by the alias "Mick"?

The AFL has pulled former Adelaide coach and Collingwood assistant Brenton Sanderson off the airwaves.

Sanderson had been doing a weekly strategy segment on Gerard Whateley’s morning show as well as being part of SEN’s match-day team.
But with an increasing workload in his role as the AFL’s community umpiring development manager, the league has pulled rank, suggesting he needs to focus on his full-time job.
Sanderson and SEN had been careful not to place him in any awkward situations during broadcasts and he’d even sat out segments when umpiring was being discussed.
The AFL is still allowing field umpire “Razor” Ray Chamberlain to continue with his regular spot on Whateley.

The AFL has pulled former Adelaide coach and Collingwood assistant Brenton Sanderson off the airwaves.

Sanderson had been doing a weekly strategy segment on Gerard Whateley’s morning show as well as being part of SEN’s match-day team.
But with an increasing workload in his role as the AFL’s community umpiring development manager, the league has pulled rank, suggesting he needs to focus on his full-time job.
Sanderson and SEN had been careful not to place him in any awkward situations during broadcasts and he’d even sat out segments when umpiring was being discussed.
The AFL is still allowing field umpire “Razor” Ray Chamberlain to continue with his regular spot on Whateley.
Well that's some nice pocket money flushed down the loo.

Sometimes I listen to him call a game on the ABC and he genuinely says some crazy stuff.
Don't think he's all there.
Not sure he ever was.

They also have him as the expert opinion person on the Saturday morning Sports Talk program. He rambles on and on and goes off at various tangents without answering the questions put to him. I reckon there's a bit of dementia or CTE there.

They also have him as the expert opinion person on the Saturday morning Sports Talk program. He rambles on and on and goes off at various tangents without answering the questions put to him. I reckon there's a bit of dementia or CTE there.
I remember a story from when he was at the Blues, gave this wonderfully inspiring pregame speech, just didn't realise he had given the exact same speech the week before...

I remember a story from when he was at the Blues, gave this wonderfully inspiring pregame speech, just didn't realise he had given the exact same speech the week before...
Heard that one too, and when approached about it, he denied it vehemently.

Was out the door a few weeks later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He spends half his time taking pot shots at certain players.
He still cannot bring himself to admit that Nat Fyfe is anywhere close to being an elite player.
He also spent the entire 2000 season taking pot shots at the MacGowan government and WA in general for their stance on Covid.
Bitter old man in my opinion.

He spends half his time taking pot shots at certain players.
He still cannot bring himself to admit that Nat Fyfe is anywhere close to being an elite player.
He also spent the entire 2000 season taking pot shots at the MacGowan government and WA in general for their stance on Covid.
Bitter old man in my opinion.

Haha - yes, he's got a real fix against Fyfe for some reason. J-Lo is his love child though, so that love might be tested if the coach doesn't use Fyfe the way Malthouse reckons he should.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back