What I Reckon with Tony Lynn 15 - Closing Down Sale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need a lie down. It isn’t all about how many attend a game. It is about eyeballs and TV ratings and sponsorship revenue. To suggest the AFLW will be bigger than the NRL is laughable. Sorry.
Well it could surpass nrl in attendance numbers perhaps. NRL isnt all that well attended & for me personally is as boring as all get out. Although it would take a while i’d Think. But- on watching pies cats game, 3 goals each for the game isnt going to win over fans. It was mentioned they play in leagues outside of AFLW season - after 3 preseasons & 2 full top level seasons, are they getting any better ?

I think you need a lie down. It isn’t all about how many attend a game. It is about eyeballs and TV ratings and sponsorship revenue. To suggest the AFLW will be bigger than the NRL is laughable. Sorry.
Absolutely ZERO *ing chance Azza …...
You are certainly forgetting corporate sponsorship that drives the NFL machine yes?

Very little if any will jump ship to AFl let alone woman's afl.

People underestimate the changing environment

TL, this thread needs a time capsule, 5 years time will do

You are not going to get 5 foot shoulder wide Queensland stump gnawer's to suddenly slim/trim down and get a hellovalotmore athleitic, and play AFL. Just won't happen my friend.

The NRL has a women’s league from memory.

The NRL has a women’s league from memory.

I was digressing to male sports which for the interim, dominate pay television. Just to clarify. the market needs to be set up.

JAB knows, not directed at you.

The AFLW, will be bigger than the NRL, within the next 5 years

In other news, pigs seen flying backwards over the frozen flames of hell.

If you are serious, then I would like to speak with you about a bridge I have to sell in Sydney. Harbor views, special price for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well a thrilling spectacle of elite eliteness tonight really put me in my place.

**** me. They should pay people to watch this crap, not pay them to play it.
Mmmmm. The collective experience of all players on the ground would be less than Kade Simpson.

Watch the game for what it is, not in comparison to how men who have grown up in elite systems play it, and you might find it worth watching. Your expectations are unrealistic.

I find bigfooty strange. We’ll gladly dissect every aspect of a male player & his “defiencies” & tear shreds off them yet the mere mention of AFLW & how “average” they are & you’re all of a sudden you’re a misogynistic woman hater.
Average compared to what/who?

Mmmmm. The collective experience of all players on the ground would be less than Kade Simpson.

Watch the game for what it is, not in comparison to how men who have grown up in elite systems play it, and you might find it worth watching. Your expectations are unrealistic.

That's the damn point!

The total skill level of 88 players on field tonight is less than Kade Simpson too.

But hey. They are "elite". Lets listen to their demand for equal pay.

This shower of s**t is worth less pay than Rochester thirds. Who, by the way, would beat them by 200 points. Even playing non contact.

Earth to Mars. Poor Athletes SHOULD be worth nothing more than a pat on the back for having a go.

In order to grow a professional sport you need to grow participation in order to improve the pool of available talent and in order to grow participation past a certain level - you need to offer career opportunities - which means pay.

Women can earn a lot of money playing tennis/golf - because these are individual V individual games and participation has been high in these sports for many decades - I guess in recent times UFC is another serious Sport for women which offers the potential for high remuneration.

I think linking AFLW to traditional AFL Clubs and colours is a brilliant idea on the part of the AFL and as monetary reward is increased so too will the interest from gifted female athletes increase.

This will see parents understand the economic incentive that exists for their offspring to play the game. Once the economics are there - the rest will follow - over time.

Businesses like to parade champions of sport and be associated with champions of sport. I've had to sit through lunches and social events with lots of AFL and Rugby players being paraded as some sort of legitimising agents of brand from various stockbrokers as one example - I can tell you I'd rather sit down and enjoy a lunch or dinner with a female AFL player of note than a James Hird.

It is all about money and time - and I'm on the side of absolute neutrality when it comes to doling out money to athletes be they male of female.

i think those who are poo pooing AFLW based on where it is today are being short sighted as well as just a tad chauvinistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back