NFL What If Scenarios

Remove this Banner Ad

Modell turned.

He was good at that.
I despise the :pileofpoop::pileofpoop::pileofpoop: Art Modell.
When Modell was around look out for the :knife::knife::knife::knife::knife::knife::knife::knife::knife::knife::knife::knife::knife:. Always look for the self interest.

I cant ever bring myself to barrack for, or wish anything good for the Ravens , after their clandestine genesis born from Modell's treachery .

As for The Cleveland Browns it would please me greatly if they could finally get their act together and become a contender and even win it.
God knows their long suffering fans deserve some reward and joy after years of loyal support .

Rubbish, they were one of the pre season favourites and started 3-1. BB doesn't need apologists.

Rubbish is failing to mention they were in an absolute spiral sitting at 4-4 the week before news leaked of a possible move.

So I suppose in revisionism world this mediocre squad was going 7-1 to match the 11-5 record of 1994 right??

So tired of the make believe Belicheck dream world.

He was going to be FIRED and was well on his way.

That team was a .500 club before the deal was done.

No amount of revisionism will change the fact his years in Cleveland were a failure.

Plain and simple

Rubbish is failing to mention they were in an absolute spiral sitting at 4-4 the week before news leaked of a possible move.

So I suppose in revisionism world this mediocre squad was going 7-1 to match the 11-5 record of 1994 right??

So tired of the make believe Belicheck dream world.

He was going to be FIRED and was well on his way.

That team was a .500 club before the deal was done.

No amount of revisionism will change the fact his years in Cleveland were a failure.

Plain and simple

Some of BB's staff back then ....Ozzie Newsome, Scott Pioli, Mike Tannenbaum, Thomas Dimitroff, Jim Schwartz, Nick Saban, Kirk Ferentz and Eric Mangini. Ozzie said what he learnt under BB played a huge part on Ravens 2000 win. Ernest Byner said '84 was one of the best and well coached teams he ever played on.

Probably one of the stingiest D's ever for the Browns. One of the stingiest ever in the NFL. How can you call that mediocre? A number of ex players have said rumours were spreading weeks before announcement etc etc.

But then again I can understand your stance as this makes Brown fans feel better not having to contemplate what could have been and sacking a future GOAT. Browns are like the guy who didn't sign the Beatles.

Some of BB's staff back then ....Ozzie Newsome, Scott Pioli, Mike Tannenbaum, Thomas Dimitroff, Jim Schwartz, Nick Saban, Kirk Ferentz and Eric Mangini. Ozzie said what he learnt under BB played a huge part on Ravens 2000 win. Ernest Byner said '84 was one of the best and well coached teams he ever played on.

Probably one of the stingiest D's ever for the Browns. One of the stingiest ever in the NFL. How can you call that mediocre? A number of ex players have said rumours were spreading weeks before announcement etc etc.

But then again I can understand your stance as this makes Brown fans feel better not having to contemplate what could have been and sacking a future GOAT. Browns are like the guy who didn't sign the Beatles.

Barry, I love you mate, but that is simply not how the reality of it went down. The 1994 team was the beneficiary of playing the 4th easiest schedule in the NFL. Only, Indy, Arizona and the NY Football Giants had an easier time of it. Even still, they lost not once..not twice but three times to the Pittspuke Squeelers. Unless I missed something....Pittspuke was still in the division in 1995.

You are what your record says you are...and the 1995 team was 4-4 heading into the week before the day after announcement of a move. As for ex-players, lets just say I believe 2 things when it comes to such talk:

1) had any player known a damn thing before any of the rest of us---the story would have broken WEEKS earlier.

2) even assuming they knew (and they did not know) you are now saying the great BB could not keep his team focused to avoid a 4-4 start?

As for Ozzie, he did learn a lot--but mostly how not to draft--because Mike Lombardi and BB had a hell of a lot more draft whiffs than home runs from 1991-1995.

BB was on his way out-da-door if no move had taken place. Guaranteed.

Barry, I love you mate, but that is simply not how the reality of it went down. The 1994 team was the beneficiary of playing the 4th easiest schedule in the NFL. Only, Indy, Arizona and the NY Football Giants had an easier time of it. Even still, they lost not once..not twice but three times to the Pittspuke Squeelers. Unless I missed something....Pittspuke was still in the division in 1995.

You are what your record says you are...and the 1995 team was 4-4 heading into the week before the day after announcement of a move. As for ex-players, lets just say I believe 2 things when it comes to such talk:

1) had any player known a damn thing before any of the rest of us---the story would have broken WEEKS earlier.

2) even assuming they knew (and they did not know) you are now saying the great BB could not keep his team focused to avoid a 4-4 start?

As for Ozzie, he did learn a lot--but mostly how not to draft--because Mike Lombardi and BB had a hell of a lot more draft whiffs than home runs from 1991-1995.

BB was on his way out-da-door if no move had taken place. Guaranteed.

AC, if you were a single young gorgeous woman I'd fly to Cleveland and marry you but.....

They were 4-2 against teams with winning records. 6-2 against teams .500 or better. They beat the reigning champions 12-4 Cowboys! The 10-6 Pats twice including playoffs.

He took the 3-13 Browns and had 11-5 and the in a playoff game, all in just his fourth season. 4-4 and it's off with his head!! Ah those Browns.

The truth is based on what you're BOTH saying.

1. Belichick did very good things in Cleveland, and if they didn't move, and he stuck around as HC/GM, the Browns would HAVE won 4 Lombardis. No doubt.
2. Belichick WAS on his way out. Because, that's what a dysfunctional organization does -- keep being unstable, and firing a great HC only four years into his career.

AC, if you were a single young gorgeous woman I'd fly to Cleveland and marry you but.....

They were 4-2 against teams with winning records. 6-2 against teams .500 or better. They beat the reigning champions 12-4 Cowboys! The 10-6 Pats twice including playoffs.

He took the 3-13 Browns and had 11-5 and the in a playoff game, all in just his fourth season. 4-4 and it's off with his head!! Ah those Browns.

If I was a single young gorgeous woman I would marry myself. :)

You skewed your numbers on the 1994 season..they beat 2 teams with a winning record at the time they played them. As I stated, they had the 4th softest record in the NFL in 1994. Padding victory totals. ;)

Anyhow, I would like to hear you defend the genius on his 9th pick in the draft--the incomparable Touchdown Tommy Vardell.

This should be good...

If I was a single young gorgeous woman I would marry myself. :)

You skewed your numbers on the 1994 season..they beat 2 teams with a winning record at the time they played them. As I stated, they had the 4th softest record in the NFL in 1994. Padding victory totals. ;)

Anyhow, I would like to hear you defend the genius on his 9th pick in the draft--the incomparable Touchdown Tommy Vardell.

This should be good...

Well his first two seasons alone were better than a shed load of Browns picks since. We don't want to go there do we, discussing Browns draft history? Belichick has made many head scratching picks since with the Pats..not many people giving him grief though.

Funny one of your pet peeves is trading out of the first round. In '95 Browns trade out of the first for a 1st following year in which Ozzie and Ravens selected Ray Lewis.

In 4 years from 3 wins to 11 and a playoff win. Marvin Lewis would have given his right testicle for that!

Well his first two seasons alone were better than a shed load of Browns picks since. We don't want to go there do we, discussing Browns draft history? Belichick has made many head scratching picks since with the Pats..not many people giving him grief though.

Funny one of your pet peeves is trading out of the first round. In '95 Browns trade out of the first for a 1st following year in which Ozzie and Ravens selected Ray Lewis.

In 4 years from 3 wins to 11 and a playoff win. Marvin Lewis would have given his right testicle for that!

And this benefited the Cleveland Browns how? Defense rests :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. We'd have exactly 0 Pats fans posting on this board currently

Hi LicoriceAllsorts seems your either missing us Pats or enjoying a Pats free zone either way I though I would post here just to F*** up your day :p

I am with TheGreatBarryB on this one had the Browns kept BB then success would have come.

Also like AmericanCrow as his loyalty is to be admired and his angst with the Browns successive administrations is very understandable.

As for GG.exe and his time machine....... past and future generations are very worried about the thought of GG.exe and any prospects of him getting in a time machine. Neither group like that "What If Scenario ".

Hi LicoriceAllsorts seems your either missing us Pats or enjoying a Pats free zone either way I though I would post here just to F*** up your day :p

I am with TheGreatBarryB on this one had the Browns kept BB then success would have come.

Also like AmericanCrow as his loyalty is to be admired and his angst with the Browns successive administrations is very understandable.

As for GG.exe and his time machine....... past and future generations are very worried about the thought of GG.exe and any prospects of him getting in a time machine. Neither group like that "What If Scenario ".
Who says I am not already from the past, or the future?

Who says I am not already from the past, or the future?

Oh indeed , my friend , highly plausible ... as many on here can attest to, at times some of your posts leave us all wondering on which universe are you coming from let alone which time zone.

Some things "a wise old sage " such as yourself see things differently from the way us plebs see them.

images-4.jpg

I disagree. I don't think he would've learnt from his mistakes if he wasn't fired. Afterall, if he doesn't lose his job, he's obviously doing things right, yeah??

So we basically blame the Browns for creating this monster...

I disagree. I don't think he would've learnt from his mistakes if he wasn't fired. Afterall, if he doesn't lose his job, he's obviously doing things right, yeah??

So we basically blame the Browns for creating this monster...

Plenty (most) coaches learn on the job making mistakes along the way. Alex Ferguson was close to being sacked before all his success at ManU. Think all the most successful NFL coaches had poor records in first couple of seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back