What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mothers Day. What a complete load of horseshit right up there with Valentine's Day and Father's Day. Don't get me wrong I love my mum and called her today to tell her exactly that. However it should be renamed shaft your husband and father Day.

All day I have had to wait on the wife shopping, cooking, cleaning, visiting her mum, parenting the kids whilst she's kicked up her heels on the couch all ******* day. She's not my mum! I didn't even get to mow the lawn and when I suggested it over cooking I got daggers??!?!? Wtf??

Mothers Day. What a complete load of horseshit right up there with Valentine's Day and Father's Day. Don't get me wrong I love my mum and called her today to tell her exactly that. However it should be renamed shaft your husband and father Day.

All day I have had to wait on the wife shopping, cooking, cleaning, visiting her mum, parenting the kids whilst she's kicked up her heels on the couch all ******* day. She's not my mum! I didn't even get to mow the lawn and when I suggested it over cooking I got daggers??!?!? Wtf??
My wife and I basically use it and Fathers Day as days to guilt the kids into behaving. If we do anything it's as a family and when we're at home it's business as usual for both of us.

111 days until fathers day, my friend...

https://days.to/until/fathers-day-anz

Came home from dinner last night to find our replacement Foxtel box we got a couple of weeks ago on standby with an internal fan going full bore and all the lights flashing on for a moment every 10 seconds or so. Doesn't respond to anything. It's cactus. I swear if it wasn't for the footy I would be cancelling.
iQ3?

Our first unit was an iQHD. When that went up in smoke the day of the Melbourne game the replacement they sent was an iQ2 (probably don't make the other one any more). I asked the call centre to send out an iQ3 last night but oooooh sorry we can't do that so it'll be another iQ2.
If you say you're quitting foxtel they will give you a healthy discount and a free iQ3 to stay. I moved house last month and I wanted to move my foxtel but unfortunately the apartment block doesn't have foxtel wired into it and I'd have to go through my body corporate or something. Long story short, I have Foxtel Play which is actually pretty good except for the fact that you can't record shows like you can with iQ but you can catch up and streams shows at any time. The only other issue is that if the internet connection gets a bit suss sometimes then it can pause but mostly it's not bad. Watching the footy isn't as good as watching HD Foxtel but it's manageable for the cost ($39 per month for base package plus sport)

Yep. Defo tell em not to worry and just cancel your account.

They'll have someone call back with a sweet deal and free box. Currently I have Foxtel HD in 2 rooms everything except movies for $50

Yeah knowing my luck if I do that they'll just say okay without offering me jack s**t.
Then don't follow through with cancelling. But that won't happen - you'll get a good deal.

If you say you're quitting foxtel they will give you a healthy discount and a free iQ3 to stay. I moved house last month and I wanted to move my foxtel but unfortunately the apartment block doesn't have foxtel wired into it and I'd have to go through my body corporate or something. Long story short, I have Foxtel Play which is actually pretty good except for the fact that you can't record shows like you can with iQ but you can catch up and streams shows at any time. The only other issue is that if the internet connection gets a bit suss sometimes then it can pause but mostly it's not bad. Watching the footy isn't as good as watching HD Foxtel but it's manageable for the cost ($39 per month for base package plus sport)

With Foxtel play, is that through an app on your smart TV? Do you have to use it on your phone and stream to TV, and is there the room restrictions that you get with the box?

We use Foxtel for literally nothing else apart from Footy. I don't think ive changed it from the sport channels at all to be honest.

Wife wants to get rid of it but I couldn't do free to air AFL coverage. This sounds like a possible compromise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Foxtel play, is that through an app on your smart TV? Do you have to use it on your phone and stream to TV, and is there the room restrictions that you get with the box?

We use Foxtel for literally nothing else apart from Footy. I don't think ive changed it from the sport channels at all to be honest.

Wife wants to get rid of it but I couldn't do free to air AFL coverage. This sounds like a possible compromise.
I have Telstra TV which is a little unit that you download the Foxtel Play app. Other ways to watch/control Foxtel play are some smart TVs, computers, Xbox one or PS3 or PS4. I have found it to be pretty good so far but I'd still rather have full Foxtel purely for the iQ3 box. But this is the next best thing.

So I don't have the luxury of sound atm but am I right in gathering that guy had a bit to say about them destroying his backpack because they were too stupid or lazy to realise they needed to uncuff him to get it off and tasered him for it?

No not really, he was just giving them a bit of lip as far as I could tell, banter really and the cop just decided he'd had enough. Prick.

Sam McClure
haha- i'm on a work TC and got distracted and forgot which thread i'm on. saw this comment and immediately knew where I was!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back