What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

i m
I didn't actually know you could mute words.
i mute all palindromes. fancy words think they’re the s**t but they’re not so great.

I didn't actually know you could mute words.

Click on your profile photo.

It shows a drop down menu.

Click on settings.

Click on muted words.

Start with one and then add to the list.

When the IT team blocks everyone's access to YouTube. It only affects me on here due to the embedded YouTube clips everywhere on this site... I don't access YouTube otherwise!

When the IT team blocks everyone's access to YouTube. It only affects me on here due to the embedded YouTube clips everywhere on this site... I don't access YouTube otherwise!

Does it have Chrome?

If so, CTRL + Shift + N together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't make a lick of difference in a competent IT setup.

The irony of course, is that the competent IT department would be telegraphing the wishes of the company to tell its employees they are incompetent - that they can’t perform their duties whilst having access to YouTube, Facebook etc...

2gtBuAT.jpg

Won't make a lick of difference in a competent IT setup.
And it doesn't.

We're allowed FB as it's actually a requirement for a lot of what we do. I shouldn't technically have any filters at all but I can't be bothered rocking the boat with IT.

Blood tests. I hate needles. HATE THEM.
It shits me when people who are covered in tattoos and piercings come in to an O.R. for a procedure and are practically shrinking away from having a tiny little cannula inserted .

It’s also shits me when asthmatics, coming into hospital for a GA, are found out to also be heavy smokers. It shits me even more when they proceed to sneak out for a dart just prior to being called in for their procedure.

Having to vote in person. You can do your tax and all this other government s**t online now. I dont imagine its more cost effective to hire all these people to count the votes and cross your name off a list. Get with the times.

I’ve always rather enjoyed going down to the local school to vote. I used to do it with my parents, and as a kid really looked forward to being able to do it as an adult.

Having to vote in person. You can do your tax and all this other government s**t online now. I dont imagine its more cost effective to hire all these people to count the votes and cross your name off a list. Get with the times.

Do you trust a government run website to -

-not crash
-be transparent enough to avoid possible manipulation
-be secure enough not to link back to your identity or reveal information about yourself.
- secure enough that it records your vote properly

Personally I dont feel those risks/factors can be ignored. But I also agree with Jade that everyone travelling to community centers to cast a vote has a nice feel than clicking a button on a computer. It's something that I don't find too much of a hassle as we very rarely "get a say" that when we do I dont dread the event.

Incidentally, being able to vote online has other very important considerations as well, beyond the technological and security issues.

Being able to (reasonably) predict the resource requirements and plan for it in each electorate is vital - wouldn’t want to end up like the US, with some (even many) neighbourhoods not being equiped for people to vote.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back